We're looking for a customer-centric Senior Director of Product, Growth to play a critical role on the product team based in our NY office, & reporting to the Chief Product Officer. You'll be instrumental in shaping the vision, defining the roadmap & driving the execution that will help drive product for Organic & Paid Acquisition efforts. You will also oversee & mentor other product managers involved with these efforts.
As Senior Director of Product, Growth, you will:
- Drive efforts around growing Organic traffic through SEO, Landing Pages & other Organic efforts
- Partner with the Paid Marketing/ CRM team on supporting their Paid Acquisition & CRM efforts
- Partner with the Core Ecomm team on conversion efforts of New Customers
- Make product decisions that are rooted in data
- Move with agility to define, design & release iteratively great products that delight our customers, leveraging AB testing & continuous customer feedback collection
- Work closely with engineering, building viable products that can scale
- Consider product marketing & messaging
- Structure, manage, recruit & inspire other product managers as appropriate
You are an experienced product leader, with a proven track record of fostering a shared vision by building consensus on product roadmap priorities that help meet our company target KPIs. You are data- & evidence-driven, & an excellent communicator who can work well cross-functionally with engineering, UX & business functions. You always keep the customer at the center of all considerations.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as primary product expert & evangelist for new customer acquisition efforts - Organic & Paid
- Lead an agile execution process from conception, requirements gathering, design, development, & testing through to launch & beyond
- Partner with a team of skilled engineers, designers & consumer insights to set the high-level vision & roadmap, including developing new feature ideas
- Create & maintain product roadmaps, feature backlogs & product documentation such Product Briefs, user stories, use cases, user flows, logic flows, & functional specifications
- Coordinate & run A/B testing of new features, rapidly validating or disproving them, informed by user data, customer needs, business potential, & technical feasibility
- Prioritize development activities with engineering teams, assist in determining the best technical implementation methods, work closely with QA on acceptance testing & lead product launches
- Work closely with consumer insights resource to cultivate a deep understanding of the user - both pre-purchase & post-purchase
- Leverage qualitative & quantitative insights & testing results in order to continually inform the product development process
- Conduct ongoing competitive analysis of other sites, apps, & products to continually identify ways to improve our user experience
- Participate in product performance benchmarking activities
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 8+ years of product management experience
- A strong track record in Growth/ Acquisition - SEO, Paid & Organic
- Experience managing product roadmaps for an e-commerce player.
- Proven emphasis on user-driven product design & data-driven product refinement.
- Excellent leadership, communication & presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical problem solving & decision making skills.
- Ability to quickly understand, simplify, internalize & communicate complex or technical concepts.
- Basic knowledge of SQL, strong experience with Google Analytics and/or other behavioral analytics tools.
- Experience working in scrum/agile management methodologies preferred
- Experience with user research, AB testing, & other techniques to validate & inspire ideas.
- Resourceful, ability to understand that constraints breed creativity, & you thrive in an environment that includes limited resources.
- Collaborative & a passion for digital products - not just the way they work but how they feel to the end user.
- Have a point of view & be an active listener.