Compass is streamlining the home buying & selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology & personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, we have nearly 15,000 of the countrys top real estate agents who work with clients to help them buy, sell & rent homes. Compass is a Series G venture-backed company that raised over $1.5 billion in venture funds, & have grown to over 2,500 employees in the last 2 years.
As a Transaction Coordinator you will work on the Contract to Close team that oversees all administrative details throughout the contract process, freeing agents to focus on building client relationships & advancing their business. Our Transaction team members are licensed real estate agents who serve as the first point of contact for all parties involved, ensuring a smooth path to settlement. From document preparation to deadline tracking to requesting online testimonials, your goal is to make life easier for agents & clients every step of the way. You will also work hand in hand with local lenders & title companies, bringing extensive experience & strong industry contacts to each & every contract you process.
What You Will Do:
- Track documents for large volume of real estate transactions
- Process real estate contracts for DC, MD, & VA
- Communicate with clients, agents, lenders, title processors, attorneys, & inspectors.
- Track contract deadlines
- Ability to digest detailed contracts & make informed decisions based on content
What We're Looking For:
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- 5+ years of license activity in this market
- Strong knowledge of the real estate laws in three jurisdictions: MD DC VA
- In-depth knowledge of Real Estate Transaction Coordination & Compliance - MLS, Zipforms, DocuSign, Google suite, experience with Salesforce a plus
- Experience with best practices in real estate transactions
- Strong written & verbal communication
- Real estate license required
- Customer service oriented personality
- Impeccable attention to detail & problem solving skills
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community of different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.