ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a hard-working, highly motivated individual to join our growing Accounting team. You will play a key role in the Accounting & Finance department during a dynamic period of high growth & process transformation. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for taking ownership of various workstreams, with a focus on inventory & cost of goods sold accounts, & contributing to the development & implementation of best practices within the accounting & financial reporting processes. This role requires strong partnership & collaboration with the logistics & supply chain team to drive accurate financial reporting for inventory throughout all stages of its life cycle. The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP, external reporting processes & internal controls, as well as a thorough understanding of Pelotons multifaceted business. You are a great mentor, teammate & demonstrated leader who excels in managing people & can exceed goals in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. This role offers a great opportunity to learn & grow within a high energy, high growth organization.
- Play a key role in the month end financial statement close process by reviewing account reconciliations.
- Proactively, manage a dynamic department in a fast growing, fast paced environment, keeping team priorities on track, & working cross-functionally throughout the organization to obtain relevant information.
- Take ownership & responsibility of preparing monthly account reconciliations for key areas which are subject to significant estimates.
- Review & approve journal entries & GL reconciliations prepared by staff / senior accountants on a weekly & monthly basis.
- Focus on enhancing & standardizing workpaper documentation prepared by the team to align with SOX compliance requirements.
- Assist in implementing accounting policies & procedures to ensure all financial transactions are executed in accordance with GAAP principles.
- Perform a detailed review of indirect COGS accounts for proper accruals, coding & accounting. Investigate reporting discrepancies / anomalies & communicate issues as they arise in a timely manner.
- Review existing processes, structures, & systems to assist in the identification of improvement opportunities with a focus on simplification, standardization & optimization, especially the reduction of manual, Excel-based activities.
- Partner with FP&A team & business department owners to understand the key drivers & variances to budget/forecast.
- Continually develop, expand & improve month end close & financial reporting procedures & help drive the reduction of the close timeline by assessing & streamlining close-related activities.
- Support the year-end financial statement audit, as well as any statutory audits that may arise.
- Be the right hand to the Assistant Controller & Global Controller with other responsibilities including participation & management of special projects, ERP enhancements, internal controls, & ad hoc analyses as requested.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field
- Active CPA license required
- 7+ years of relevant accounting experience, with a mix of private & public accounting experience
- Proven ability to manage & develop the careers of direct reports
- Experience with a Big 4 firm and/or SEC registered company
- Industry experience in consumer products and/or manufacturing
- Must be a highly organized, detail oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently & within a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization & manage relationships with external parties
- Strong Excel skills - must be comfortable analyzing & manipulating large data sets
- Ability to effectively communicate clear & concise ideas both verbally & in writing
- Superior problem-solving skills & ability to manage competing priorities & deadlines
- Experience in a high growth organization; international a plus
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.