About the Role
As a Site Reliability Engineer on this team, you will be responsible for the infrastructure of our core backend system & other future services. Youll be tasked with optimizing our current infrastructure, identifying areas for improvement, & building tools & systems to automate processes where we can. You will be part of the infrastructure team in the developer platform mission & responsible for availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, & capacity planning.
- Manage the full lifecycle of services -- from initial setup & release to day-to-day CI/CD. Should be passionate about building software to streamline & automate service deployment & operation for engineers.
- Maintain services by monitoring & measuring availability, latency, & overall system health & iteratively drive improvement in these areas by introducing new technologies or developing new tools.
- Provide vision & guidance for the evolution of our service architecture, with a focus on scalability & reliability.
- Assist in early stage planning for new services through architecture & systems design reviews.
- Evangelize & practice effective incident response management.
- 5+ years of experience in backend software engineering or systems engineering
- Knowledge of Ruby, Java, C, C++, or Python.
- Ability to analyze & debug complex software & infrastructure issues, & develop tools/systems for task automation.
- Excellent communication skills -- need to be able to effectively manage communication with multiple engineering teams.
- Experience working with AliCloud & TencentCloud & tools used to deploy & monitor cloud applications. Should have experience setting up & maintaining CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins or similar.
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is creating a layer of technology to power our vision of space as a service. From identifying & designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, & enhance the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout & form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 200+ buildings in 20+ countries & will be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow.