Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Financial Systems Administrator to join our Finance team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
We are changing how health insurance works. We want to create a healthcare experience thats intuitive & puts people, not cost or workflows, first. Were using a consumer-focused & tech-driven approach to do so. This positions us uniquely in the space & creates one of the biggest opportunities in healthcare.
We brought together leaders from top technology, service & healthcare companies to deliver on our promise & seize this opportunity. We all work side by side in a collaborative, energetic, & creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas, & better healthcare.
In this role, you will join our tight-knit Finance team & own all operational & technical aspects of the NetSuite platform.
What is this position?
You will be responsible for maintaining & developing the NetSuite general ledger platform & external integrations, while working closely with the Finance team to ensure the highest level of data accuracy, & to maintain & improve the functionality of various financial systems to help maximize the benefit to the organization across HRIS, GL, AP, T&E, & Fin Planning systems.
You will report to the Director of Financial Systems & Data.
In the first four months:
- Gain an understanding of our key finance systems, data bases & key stakeholders
- Maintain the NetSuite application & integrations with other systems:
- Understand business process requirements, business process changes & mapping them to NetSuite ERP system capabilities
- Develop, document, & implement policies & procedures to ensure data integrity, change protocols, usage, etc.
- Monitor system usage & track performance
- Stay current on NetSuite releases
- Provide NetSuite training to new users
- In collaboration with the Finance Transformation Director:
- Identify, evaluate & recommend other key technologies required to support & improve the business process centered on the NetSuite platform
- Develop, test & deploy customization to meet cross-functional leaders reporting needs
- 5+ years of experience NetSuite administration, configuration & data migration
- Working knowledge of SQL, WebServices, user provisioning
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong data analytics, reporting & data management skills
We think it will make a big (positive) difference if you have:
- Knowledge of healthcare and/or health insurance
- Start-up & public company experience
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.