Company Description|Job Description
Guardant Health is a pioneer in non-invasive cancer diagnostics & the first company tocommercialize a comprehensive genomic liquid biopsy. Our proprietary digital sequencing technology is transforming cancer treatment by providing an accurate & precise picture of the individual genomic alterations that cause tumors to grow, change, & develop resistance to treatment. We have combined decades of scientific research, advances in laboratory technology, & our breakthrough innovation in liquid biopsy to create new tests that have already handled tens of thousands of samples. We believe our tests can accelerate new drug development & improve the lives of all patients fighting cancer. Our current products are just the beginning of what we hope to accomplish & new uses of our platform are emerging.
We succeed best by coordinating our creative talents & energies to achieve results far beyond what any single individual could accomplish. We seek very talented people who want to be part of our fantastic team.
National Sales Director - East
Guardant Health is changing the game in cancer diagnostics. And we are looking for someone who wants to change the lives of cancer patients. We're looking for a Sales leader to take on a new role managing the Sales team for the eastern United States.
The National Sales Director East is a key leadership position responsible for leading a team of regional sales directors, strategic account managers, & account executives. Leads tactical execution of the business unit objectives through direct & indirect management of sales team activities. Works closely with internal stakeholders to develop content for sales training, quarterly/annual planning meetings, & material related to the administrative/operational requirements of the business. Identifies areas of development for the sales team & has demonstrated the capacity to develop a budget/resourcing plan to support the needs of the business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage Sales team & monitor performance of sales to ensure objectives are met
- Manage sales territories including Regional Sales Directors, Strategic Account Executives, & Account Executives in the Eastern United States
- Oversee the development & implementation of comprehensive business plans that will be inclusive of budgets, travel, territory management, goal setting, etc.
- Collaborate & coordinate with departments within Guardant Health to ensure successful attainment of company goals & objectives
- Inform strategies by continually analyzing competitive landscape & environment to determine trends & provide customer feedback to GHI leadership
- Provide insight & direction to Sales Team on the development of detailed strategic plans for gaining & retaining new & existing clients.
- Oversee implementation of laboratory services agreements (LSA's)
- Promote compliance with new web-based molecular information tools for clients
- Manage day to day execution of business expansion/collaboration opportunities with the following:
- Major U.S. cancer centers, clinics & oncology practices in the United States
- Meet with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) & Academic Medical Centers (AMCs) across the US.
- Work effectively with individuals across multiple departments throughout GH.
- Embrace, embody & represent the Guardant Health company culture at all times to external & internal constituents
- Ability to develop the selling strategy to provide an integrated MolDx solution using Guardant Health's next generation sequencing technology to prospects & customers.
- Lead a team of approximately 30-40 employees & oversee their success in the field & within Guardant Health. Must be able to manage remote teams
- Ability to engage in a consultative selling process that overcomes objections & indifferences while connecting client needs with GHI capabilities
- Comfortable selling at the executive level (CEO, COO, CFO)
- Keen understanding of the payor & reimbursement environment in the oncology & diagnostic space
- Ability to work independently, communicate proactively, manage multiple projects & prioritize daily tasks while managing critical deadlines
- Strong understanding of molecular diagnostics for oncology & the evolving competitive landscape
- Ability to maintain an outstanding level of market, customer, distribution & product knowledge necessary to accomplish sales & marketing objectives
- Excellent knowledge of oncology, hematology, chemotherapeutics & targeted agents
- Excellent negotiation & customer service skills
- Outstanding strategic sales account planning skills
- Superior listening & problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle sensitive information & maintain a very high level of confidentiality
- Demonstrate consistent closing abilities throughout the sales cycle
- Possess a very positive attitude & an understanding of the dynamics involved with organizational growth & change
- Impeccable oral & verbal communication & presentation skills
- Must be very proficient with all Microsoft Office products - particularly Excel & PowerPoint
- Effective & regular utilization of Salesforce.com
- Ability to develop & utilize cross-functional relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals & objectives.
- Advanced presentation skills & business acumen a necessity
- Problem solving, decision making & technical learning
- Demonstrate GHI's Values by acting with integrity, respect & trust
- 7+ years of direct account management experience in a molecular diagnostic setting with a history of proven past performance that has met & exceeded expectations.
- Previous experience managing remote teams
- 5+ years of experience working with major cancer centers & clinics, oncology GPO's, large health systems, IHDN's, & large oncology practices.
- Demonstrated measurable revenue generation at either a diagnostic, pharmaceutical or relevant biotechnology company.
- B.S. in life science, biology, business or marketing - MBA preferred. Or relevant work experience.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.