Oscar is looking for a Product Operations Associate. The Product Operations team is critical to Oscars overall mission - using technology & design to refactor healthcare. The team is embedded with Product to drive operational excellence & streamline processes. In your day-to-day, youll collaborate with a talented team of Product Managers, Engineers, Designers, & other team members in Product Operations. And youll take on a wide range of mission-critical initiatives, helping us make rapid progress on the experiences we offer & the underlying systems that make those experiences possible.
At Oscar, our Product & Tech teams work on a wide range of projects in several areas: building next generation consumer experiences, technology & infrastructure, expanding into new markets, creating better ways for healthcare providers to interact with patients, optimizing internal operations & processes, & lots more. Our Product Operations team is lean & nimble - youll need to be flexible & ready to adapt as business needs change.
As an Associate, your work will be aligned to our product initiatives, & could include such projects as:
- Oscar Membership Growth: Enabling expansion for Cigna + Oscar jointly-offered small group product & overall sales & product partnership
- Configurable Member Programs: QAing campaigns before they are launched into production, troubleshoot tech issues for active programs, & onboard users to our configurable tooling
- Digital Membership Experience & Care Planning: Running taxonomy processes that support our care routing offering, centrally coordinate tech development process such as regression testing & mobile releases, & manage our translation pipeline
- Virtual & Care Delivery: Vendor relationship management & tech integration requirements
You will report into the Director of Product Operations in the NYC office.
- Partnering closely with Product team members, Engineering, Business teams, external partners, & other stakeholders to identify problems & generate solutions
- Designing & implementing key processes that help us scale our products
- Analyzing product data & building dashboards to ensure we stay data-informed
- Creating & maintaining documentation to make processes sustainable & scalable
- Facilitating internal & external communications around feature launches, training materials, & onboarding plans
- Ensuring that bugs are being escalated & triaged appropriately
- ...and anything else that drives operational excellence for the Product Team.
- You have 4+ years of work experience with 2+ years spent in a highly cross-functional role in technology or operations
- You represent the needs of the product team in conversations with internal stakeholders & external partners; you communicate clearly & concisely in written form.
- You have a passion for fixing problems, honing processes, & driving projects forward -- whatever is needed for us to achieve our ambitious goals.
- You grasp technical concepts quickly, ask good questions, & are as comfortable working side-by-side with engineers as you are explaining software requirements to a non-technical audience. (Ability to write code is not required.)
- Youre not afraid to dive into the data & systems to understand trends & troubleshoot issues. SQL skills are strongly preferred, but not required if youve demonstrated your ability to pick up technical concepts.
- While you can take on large projects independently, you enjoy working cross-functionally to accomplish greater goals as a team.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.