A lot of companies say theyre driven by the mission. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, & welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors & collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporations staff designs, builds, & distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product the Firefox browser has expanded into a family of products that protects users & alerts them of risks. Mozillas Emerging Technologies group incubated & sponsors Rust Stack Overflows most loved programming language for the last four years & is building safe, private versions of virtual reality, internet of things, & voice recognition.
Mozilla Finance is responsible for strategic resource allocation & day-to-day financial operations as Mozilla scales its mission impact with new & existing products, technology & business models to better serve users & advance an agenda for a healthier internet.
We are seeking a hardworking Senior Manager, Tax. Reporting to the Global Controller, you will be responsible for all aspects of the tax operations & compliance. Key responsibilities include direct & indirect tax compliance, assist with tax related close procedures, & partner with cross functional teams & outside consultants on a number of tax projects & initiatives.
Mozilla Finance is developing & implementing an organizational plan aligned to a 3-year transformation strategy. If you are looking to make an impact, this is a great opportunity to showcase your talents & skills to lead, contribute, & execute together with the team.
As Sr Manager, Tax at Mozilla you will
- Own the US corporate federal, foreign & local tax compliance process with internal & external parties including tax provisions, annual returns, & quarterly tax estimates.
- Review the year-end tax provision in accordance with ASC 740
- Ensure timely & accurate filing of federal, foreign, state & local income tax returns.
- Ensure all tax due dates are met & are reflected in our Corporate tax compliance calendar.
- Monitor legislative & regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to Finance leadership & develop strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation.
- Help plan & structure corporate growth from a tax perspective including researching & recommending proper tax considerations for entering new jurisdictions.
- Manage tax advisers in long-term & discrete tax projects.
- Respond to all tax audits & tax notices, including gathering information & resolving requests.
- Serve as tax lead on process improvement initiatives to develop scalable operational tax compliance procedures & systems.
- Take on ad hoc projects as required
Your Professional Profile
- 5-7 years of relevant tax experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, & Masters in Taxation a plus
- Proven ability in researching complex tax issues & documenting conclusions
- Strong initiative, intellectual curiosity & willingness to take ownership of complex tax problems
- Excellent analytical skills & ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Articulate in verbal & written communications
- Prior working experience with an ERP system is a plus
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open & free is better than closed & controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform & help create more opportunity & innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle & texture), religion (including religious grooming & dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws.