At Guardant Health our mission is to conquer cancer with data; as such software sits at the core of everything we do. While we're best known for our molecular diagnostics, which unlock the genomic signatures of cancer, these tests are just the first step in the equation. Turning this genomic data into actionable insights shared with thousands of patients, physicians, & researchers in a scalable, reliable, & secure fashion is a software product challenge.
We wanted flying cars & instead we got 140 characters” is a much-repeated complaint about Silicon Valley. But with all due respect to flying cars, we believe that our mission is even more critical. We've raised more than $500M from some of the leading venture firms in the world to work on this problem.
At Guardant Health, we leverage the most advanced technologies & work with leaders in many different fields to create the most impactful & meaningful technologies for cancer management.
To support Guardant Health's leadership in disruption of cancer treatments, the product development team is looking for an energetic software product manager to manage requirements & prioritization for software development projects that are instrumental in Guardant Health's delivered value to customers.
The Product team employs an innovative & focused approach to engaging project/program stakeholders & leadership to identify opportunities for enterprise-level business process optimization with focus on broad positive impact to the organization. Efforts include assessing critical business needs & identifying, evaluating & designing implementing new or streamlined business processes to support the deployment & operations of effective business, system, & clinical initiatives. Additionally, the role will leverage process improvement expertise & collaborate with the Enterprise Software & internal teams for the design, development, & application of standardization project management best practices within the organization. These business processes are critical to achieving new or expanded business opportunities, optimizing business operations, utilization of corporate resources, & effective project management.
The strategy of this team is to be a center for business process excellence for the organization. Through providing process improvement expertise, business analysis, visualization capabilities, business operations know-how, & complex stakeholder management across the enterprise to guarantee successful implementation, scalability & sustainability for internal & external initiatives to its physicians, members, & partners.
- Working with stakeholders from all organizations involved, clarify project/process improvement goals & objectives, scope, expected outcomes & resource needs & translate to action plans. Identify potential synergies & efficiencies across projects & programs for execution.
- Assess work flows & processes that impact mission critical operations & flow of information among departments & external partners (as applicable) to identify opportunities to improve efficiencies & create recommendations to improve work flows including accountability for process oversight.
- Document & prioritize requirements, including working with development & test teams to resolve ambiguity & refine over the course of development.
- Collaborate with managers of enterprise-wide initiatives to ensure that all stakeholders & senior leadership are apprised of potential impacts & status of projects or processes. Informs project teams of potential barriers & opportunities to improve legacy processes.
- Develop & maintain a repository for project level communications including work products, tracking logs, & reporting tools to communicate status & deliverables.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to help coordinate software development timelines with broader programs.
In addition, you bring:
5+ years of software product and/or program management
Understanding of software development lifecycle a plus
Experience working with cross-functional teams
Experience working with external customers a plus
Strong organizational & communication skills
Experience in regulated environments (e.g. FDA, CLIA, GCP, etc.) is a plus