Company Description|Job Description
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce & campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product & marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, & drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely's impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times & many more global enterprises.
As a Data Scientist at Optimizely, you'll be in charge of Stats Engine, the core statistics methodology behind all our experiments.You will be a member of the Analytics & Statistics team & work on the cutting edge of statistics, helping answer questions like:
You'll work with our product & engineering teams to build new statistics features for all of Optimizely's products. You will get on customer calls to articulate how we maintain accuracy in our products as well as triage questions around statistical inference. You will educate internal & external stakeholders about core statistics concepts via webinars, speaking engagements, blog posts, & white papers. You will conduct original research & publish results in academic & industry conferences.
Some of our public work:
- CODE @ MIT 2018: Acceleration of A/B/n Testing Under Time-Varying Signals
- CODE @ MIT 2016: A/B Testing in a Changing World
- INFORMS 2015: Can I Take a Peek? Continuous Monitoring of A/B Tests
- CODE @ MIT 2014: Can I Take a Peek? Continuous Monitoring of A/B Tests
- PhD in Statistics or a closely related field, or 5+ years of equivalent industry experience in A/B testing & digital experimentation
- Strong research interest & experience with statistical inference. Especially: design of experiments, randomized controlled trials, sequential testing, robustness, & bayesian inference.
- Experience with Python and/or Java preferred.
- Some experience in math education such as teaching, teaching assistantships, consulting, or conference talks.
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion & embrace diversity. Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer & makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.