As SeatGeek continues to grow internationally, so does the demand on our finance team. We need a stickler for details & accounting processes to help us document, review, & reconcile the increasing volume of transactions we deal with.
You are detail oriented & excited to join a growing accounting & finance team. Reporting to the International Accounting Manager, you will oversee accounts receivable, accounts payable, bank reconciliations & maintaining the general ledger, along with assisting on ad hoc accounting & finance related projects, for many of our international entities.
What You'll Do
- Maintain day-to-day bookkeeping for various of our group companies to support monthly preparation of management accounts
- Meaningfully contribute to the monthly close process by preparing balance sheet reconciliations & posting general journal entries
- Create invoices to customers & monitor collection & aged receivables
- Record invoices from vendors, manage payables & set up payments
- Partner with NYC-based Corporate accounting group, providing data & responding to queries to support the consolidated SeatGeek financial reporting requirements
- Prepare revenue recognition & deferred revenue schedules
- Maintain Fixed Asset schedules
- Partner with external auditors during the annual financial statement audit
- Special projects & reporting as required by finance & the greater business
What You Have
- 1 to 3 years in an accounting function, some knowledge of U.S GAAP is a plus
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Ability to thrive in an evolving environment requiring completion of multiple tasks with tight deadlines
- Self driven & the ability to work without constant supervision
- Good communication skills & are approachable & builds working relationships with colleagues
- Experience using a general ledger system - NetSuite experience is a plus
- Experience assisting with a financial statement audit
- Familiarity with HMRC & VAT filings is a plus
- Interest in sports, music, theater & live entertainment
Come Join Us!
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute & we welcome the differences & benefits that a diverse culture brings.