With well-designed products & honest conversations at its core, Flamingo launched in 2018 with a suite of products for body hair. Since then, we have expanded our assortment to be the first brand that offers products for every routine: razors, wax strips for face & body, shave gel, body lotion, mons mist, ingrown spot treatment & tweezers. In February 2019, Flamingo launched at Target stores nationwide, immediately jumping to the top of the bestseller list for razors, wax strips, & shave gel. Our products & campaigns have been covered by outlets like Vogue, Vanity Fair, Elle, & InStyle, & weve won major beauty accolades like Allures Best in Beauty, Selfs Healthy Beauty Awards & Womens Health Beauty Awards.
About the role
As a Summer Brand Communications intern for the Flamingo brand you will be a part of the core team responsible for leading the development of breakthrough narratives & brand communications campaigns that help introduce Flamingo to the world & create a deep relationship with the consumer. The role will be a unique learning experience: you will learn the ins & outs of earned media, a vehicle for building brand awareness & momentum. The Brand Communications intern will play an important part by assisting our team with our 2023 strategy which will include assisting with day to day management of PR requests & initiatives in partnership with our agency, brand partnerships, event execution, organic social & content support, offline activations & end-to-end execution of brand marketing campaigns. During your time on the team, you will learn how to support rolling out a 360 earned media strategy by leveraging traditional PR, brand partnerships & brand campaigns.
Were looking for someone who values a hands-on learning experience & is the ultimate team player. Youll love this role if you want to learn more about building best-in-class brands through strategic marketing campaigns & navigating an ever-changing media landscape.
What you will observe, learn about, & accomplish:
- Support day-to-day press, influencer, & social activities.
- Assist with execution of 2023 brand partnerships & offline marketing activities.
- Assist with execution of press, influencer & consumer branded events.
- Participate in internal meetings by providing updates on assigned projects/tasks & actively participate in brainstorm sessions by sharing new ideas for campaigns, product launches, etc.
- Assist the team with creating monthly reports & campaign recaps.
You should apply if some or all of the following apply to you:
- Youre a rising Junior, Senior or recent grad studying Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Media, English, Creative Writing or similar.
- You are a natural communicator with strong writing skills; you can sell people into a vision & bring them along on your thought process & strategy.
- You are creative & brimming with your own ideas.
- You are very organized; to-do lists are your jam! Youre known for being detail oriented & getting things done in a timely manner.
- You have your finger on the pulse of trends; you know whats relevant, whats new, & whats coming up.
- You are resourceful, take initiative & are comfortable in a fast-paced environment. Working under tight deadlines & adapting to change comes naturally to you.
- You are comfortable receiving & providing feedback! You are able to address questions, concerns, & critique in a clear, confident way & able to pivot quickly based on feedback.
- You actively seek opportunities for learning & growth outside traditional education.
Here's who you'll work with:
- You will report into the Brand Marketing + PR Manager
- You will work on the Flamingo Brand Communications team
- You will work cross functionally with the Flamingo Social & Content Marketing Managers, the Creative Team, the DTC team, the Brand Management Team & more!
Harrys started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harrys has expanded to Canada & Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo & Cat Person, & made our first brand acquisition with Lum.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, the Harrys team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback.
Harrys is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays & lunch on Thursdays, & fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, & drinks everyday. Cant forget the free products & the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We cant quantify all of the intangible things we think youll love about working at Harrys, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart & humble team youll get to work with, & our supportive & inclusive culture. That said, our salaries are based on paying competitively for our size & industry. The base salary for this position is $25/hour.
We will be accepting applications until March 2023. We will contact select applicants regarding next steps at that time.