We are looking for a collaborative teammate to join our team, working with both New York Product teams & the rest of the Data team, located in San Francisco. The Data Team works closely with our product, customer success, & sales teams; we help ask questions the right way, & then find those answers.
Our data informs us of the impact we are having on the world, & you will be part of a team that is instrumental in architecting & building our data infrastructure. You will design & use data analysis tools that increase our datas scalability, accuracy, & accessibility. You will understand our companys goals & proactively inform their direction with data so that our product can help more teams do great things.
What youll achieve
- Leading data science efforts for the New York office
- Designing & analyzing experiments to measure the impact of new product features
- Investigating high-level questions like What are the collaborative patterns of the most successful teams using Asana?
- Adding new metrics & aggregations to our data warehouse to make new classes of questions answerable
- Building models to predict the growth trajectory of different customer segments
- 3+ years of experience in applying data science techniques to drive technical product development & decision-making
- Strong technical background in computer science, statistics, math, information science, or another quantitative field
- Fluency in at least one modern language useful for data processing (e.g. Python, Scala)
- Proficiency with relational data modeling & SQL
- Expertise in statistical methods & experimental design & analysis
- Familiarity with distributed data processing systems (e.g. Spark, Redshift)
- Background in advanced statistical modeling (e.g. GLM, mixed effects) and/or machine learning
- Experience collaborating with teammates in other locations
Asana is a leading work management platform for teams, on a mission to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. More than 60,000 organizations & millions of users across 195 countries rely on Asana to focus on the work that matters, including Airbnb, Disney, KLM Air France, NASA, Uber & Vox Media. Our highly recognized culture spurs innovation & business results, & for the last two years, Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE & one of Glassdoors Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, & Vancouver, Asana is always looking for bright, collaborative individuals to be a part of our inclusive culture & help us achieve our mission.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected & valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities & expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, & veteran statuses, & we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.