Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
The Email & Automations team is looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to join us. Our domain builds industry-leading email & automation functionality to ensure whenever our customers speak to their audience, it is both efficient & effective. We consistently iterate & launch new features based on our users needs, & leverage Mailchimp's feature-rich marketing platform to serve recommendations & personalization so our small business clients can market better than the pros.
This role sits at the nexus of Mailchimps Engineering, Design, Customer Experience, & Product teams, building systems to support a great experience for Mailchimps customers.
Our ideal candidate is excited to help Mailchimp customers connect with their customers. We are looking for an enthusiastic & effective collaborator, eager to work across the organization, & be the voice for Engineering when making decisions for our Automations features.
What youll do...
- Manage & grow a high performing diverse team of Engineers & Engineering Managers in Atlanta, Brooklyn, & Oakland.
- Cultivate healthy channels for communication, review, & feedback. Clearly & effectively communicate across departments, teams, & management tiers.
- Maintain a sense of camaraderie, cooperation, & collaboration among team members. Ensure that members of the team feel psychologically safe. Support & encourage those who face challenging situations.
- Build a common mindset by aligning groups of people along shared goals. Recognize team members' desire to do good work, cultivate their intrinsic motivations & strengths, & connect them with the resources they need to be successful. Establish flexible systems for ensuring accountability.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, & encouragement to team members. Effectively acknowledge & reward both individual & team efforts. Support employees in their skill development in ways that meet both strategic organizational goals & their individual objectives.
- Facilitate open & honest dialog within the team, drawing on the broad experiences & diverse perspectives of team members. Coordinate healthy discussions, & work to establish consent when consensus is unattainable.
- Cultivate & solicit honest feedback about your own performance. Put in time & energy to learn to be more effective when coaching, delivering feedback, & developing others, & to understand unfamiliar technologies, tools, & systems
- Utilize failure as an opportunity to learn & grow. Apply criticism & mistakes as an opportunity to learn without assigning blame or entrenching regret.
- Champion of experimentation, collaboration, unified customer experience, & design thinking.
- Talent for molding nebulous projects into achievable milestones using customer research & leaning on the expertise of the team theyre managing.
- Experience coaching & developing engineering managers to level up their skills & build leadership experience.
Wed love to hear from you if you...
- Have solid experience managing an inclusive team of high-performing engineers in multiple office locations.
- Are experienced with product-focused software development that touches the entire web stack, using analytics & user testing to drive decisions.
- Recognize the value of transparent, honest communication & the necessity of sharing information.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the differences between managing a project team, individual contributors, & managers.
- Communicate confidently, write capably, & present effectively to groups of 5-10 people.
- Are patient, resilient, & willing to take on work even when it's challenging, ambiguous, or intense.
- Deliver clear, effective feedback even when its difficult or intimidating.
- Willing to consider things from other perspectives & consider the impact on others; comfortable being proven wrong.
- Have a desire to pursue collaboration even when it introduces dissent. Values bringing diverse perspectives to the table. Able to balance efforts between planning & acting.
- Understand how to augment humility with the courage to propose, develop, & defend ideas they feel passionately about.
- Bonus points for a background in working with front-end specialists on design-centric projects.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Oakland & are happy to have a growing office right downtown, especially convenient to the BART.
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), & generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.