Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
The IT Systems Administrator is part of the Mailchimp IT Services team inside Engineering, & all employees are our customers. The IT Services Team helps ensure Mailchimp employees everywhere have a solid technology foundation to do great work.
We are looking for a customer-centric professional with strong communication & organizational skills & a technical understanding of IT enterprise systems in a growing company of over 1,200 people across 4+ offices.
Our ideal candidate will combine deep technical knowledge in Atlassian Jira with excellent communication skills, & will happily approach challenges with humor & creativity. We are looking for an enthusiastic & active collaborator, eager to work across the organization. If you've broken down a technical project into discrete tasks, identified project stakeholders, & implemented that project to successful completion Let's talk!
What youll do:
- Provide subject matter expertise for Atlassian Jira. Help all teams across the company set up & customize projects, workflows, field configurations, & permissions for maximum value.
- Manage & support Jira & other Mailchimps enterprise systems, developing automation, efficiency, & maintainability to meet business objectives & delight Mailchimp employees.
- Work with IT Systems Engineering on following engineering best practices such as deploying stable systems, maintaining documentation, & outlining support guidelines.
- Process improvement & review from system provisioning to enforcing device policies & configuration profiles, every part of our IT systems & processes are in scope for improvement.
- Identify teachable moments to help mentor & develop the skills of your peers & team.
- Serve as an escalation point for our IT Specialist team.
Wed love to hear from you if you:
- Enjoy working in an open, inclusive environment where diversity in many forms (ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, etc.) is celebrated.
- Have experience with Jira Cloud, Jira Server, issue collectors, Jira Service Desk, Jira plugin administration, & some Confluence administration.
- Have hands-on experience with deploying & managing computer & software systems in an enterprise environment.
- Have strong competency in planning, prioritization, & implementation of technical projects.
- Have excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- Have worked with or similar core technologies/applications:
- IAM or SAML SSO systems such as Okta or Duo.
- Enterprise Mac management such as Jamf Pro.
- Google G-Suite Enterprise.
- Centrally managed macOS, Linux, ChromeOS & Windows computers across multiple offices.
- Directory Services: Active Directory, LDAP.
- IP networks, troubleshooting tools, & managing an enterprise (multi-VLAN, 802.1X authenticated) network.
Nice, but not required (still apply!), if you have:
- Familiarity with Active Directory advanced trouble isolation & maintenance particularly log analysis, event diagnostics, updates, & security patches.
- Experience configuring & administering Linux and/or ChromeOS.
- Pick a language! Experience with scripting in either bash, python, or PowerShell.
- Comfortable working with APIs using API calls for systems integration.
- Any Cloud will do! Experience working in Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, or Amazon Web Services environments.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.