Squarespace is looking for a Developer Support Engineer who will help expand support for our technical product suite. Its an exciting time at Squarespace as we ramp up channels of support for our technical users & expand our API offerings. We want someone who, like us, cares about understanding & supporting our technical users & partners. Were looking for someone who will enjoy working with our technical product suite & contributing to the team through a mix of coding, customer communication, support, consultations, & content creation (blog posts, videos, technical documentation).
At Squarespace, our Technical Product Support team is a cross-department contact for technical issues spanning across our entire product suite. We partner with a variety of teamsEngineering to debug & patch issues & Product teams to present developer user stories to improve the platform. You will help us support external developers who build with Squarespace products & consult businesses evaluating our offerings.
You will report to the Senior Team Lead of Technical Product Support.
- Advise valued customers & partners on best practices, architecture, & design to speed adoption & customer success with Squarespace products
- Help troubleshoot advanced issues on the Squarespace consumer & Developer Platform
- Resolve technical issues by filing, managing, & evaluating bugs & improvements with Product & Engineering teams
- Support business-to-business (B2B) & business-to-consumer (B2C) inquiries through technical consultations
- Advocate on behalf of the developer community by collecting & distilling user feedback to validate & influence product & engineering decisions
- Help maintain developer facing technical documentation & our Developer Portal
- 3+ years experience optimizing site performance across a variety of devices & web browsers
- Experience looking into unfamiliar code to gain insight into underlying issues
- Experience integrating & troubleshooting APIs
- Experience describing the structure, characteristics, & behavior of software to assorted team members who consume it
- Youre empathetic with the ability to put yourself in the customers shoes to figure out solutions that will best solve their needs or fix their issues
- You enjoy knowledge sharing, team collaboration, teaching & learning from others
- You enjoy making complex technical concepts accessible & understandable to all kinds of audiences
- You enjoy figuring things out & picking up new skills quicklywith a passion for learning how things work & how to use new technologies
Bonus Experience (Preferred but not required so shout out about it in your application if you have experience with any of the following)
- Familiarity with accessibility regulations & standards (ADA, WCAG)
- Presentation experience evangelizing technical products
- Strong presence in web development community including social media & forums
Squarespace makes beautiful products tohelp peoplewith creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design andsophisticatedengineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses toshare their storieswith the world. Squarespaces team of more than 900 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visitwww.squarespace.com/about.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we alsostrive forthe same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.