About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBCs Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, the company has raised more than $210 million from top-tier investors & built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable & high-growth business, with a loyal 9 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Our 1200+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. Weve built proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - & we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build & scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
As an Operations Lead, you are playing the role of Operations Manager-in-Training. This role involves partnering with the Ops Manager on leading a team executing the daily inventory operations of a fast paced and ever changing business . You must be organized & team oriented to be part of this productive team. Do you think you have what it takes to dream big in our dream closet?
Enter our dream closet of
- exceptional customer experience
- endless opportunity to learn & grow with your team
- risk-taking, where trying new things & learning from mistakes are valued
- a positive work environment with outstanding teamwork, mutual respect & exceptional morale
- leading & understanding, implementing, & living Rent the Runways core values!
Do you have a passion for....
- forming genuine connections with customers to create a memorable experience that makes them want to come back?
- joining a disruptive retail environment where were always rewriting the rules?
- working together to achieve something better than what we can do individually?
- taking risks, trying new things & where learning from mistakes are valued - we are continuously improving?
- a positive & collaborative work environment that includes mutual respect & trust?
- Prioritize daily tasks with Operations Manager
- Proactively communicate to Ops Manager & DFC on all inventory related issues & changes required to improve overall efficiencies & customer service
- Supervise specialists on daily tasks
- Ensure completion of opening, mid-day & closing Operations checklist
- Participate in all training on SOPs & lead when necessary
- Support Customer Experience team during peak times at RTR Bar
- Working with the Operations Manager to ensure all SOPs are up-to-date
- Assist with any building maintenance & IT-related issues
- Process & verify inventory receipts & compare through system to validate for accuracy, note discrepancies with distribution center (DFC) or appropriate carrier
- Ensure all elements of a clean & organized stockroom, including but not limited to organization of dresses & accessories & other maintenance tasks
- Demonstrate knowledge of products & services
- Meet & interact with customers; demonstrate an enthusiastic & positive attitude
- Adhere to company policies & procedures
- Coaching & development of specialists while providing daily motivation of store team & demonstrating strong problem solving abilities, along with celebrating team successes
Inventory (Inbound, Outbound, Replenishment):
- Ensure all daily tasks are executed involving priority shipments in a timely manner
- Performing scheduled cycle counts in a timely manner; Investigate any inventory discrepancies, reconcile Aging report
- Maintain low levels of inventory deactivations through
- Pick, pack, & ship outbound courier orders following the Courier order SOP
- Manage flow of outbound orders through Doorman
- Ensure all inbound garments are inspected for any imperfections (wrinkles, creases, broken zipper, etc.), tag items correctly in our inventory management system (WMS) & send back to the warehouse following proper procedures
- Manage & assist with unloading inventory received from the distribution center (DFC) and/or other carriers & check incoming shipments for mishandling & discrepancies
- Manage & participate in the pick-up & drop off process in store
- 2 years experience in an inventory supervisory role
- Ability to carry 15-20 lbs up & down stairs
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask & prioritize
- Flexible schedule & ability to commit to a minimum of 45 hours per week including nights & weekends
- Training, interviewing, planning, organizational, & performance management skills.
- Technically savvy & proficient with MS Office; Outlook, Excel, Word
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to react to business trends & identify areas of opportunity.
- Proven track record in attendance & performance
- Dedicated to high level of client service & revenue productivity