AlphaSights provides global investment & business professionals with on-demand access to business expertise across all industries & geographies. Through AlphaSights, decision makers from investment management, private equity, management consulting, & corporates connect with a dynamic network of industry experts that provide qualitative & quantitative market insights, industry expertise, & execution support. Leveraging cutting-edge technology & our global team of 1,000+ professionals in nine offices on three continents, we support our clients 24/7 around the globe. AlphaSights regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. Learn more at alphasights.com.
AlphaSights is looking for an Immigration & Mobility Associate to join our growing HR function. Based in our London office, you will provide visa & immigration support services to our AlphaSights team in the UK & across our global offices, & manage global mobility processes.
Our Human Resources team is dedicated to raising the standard of professionalism at AlphaSights & increasing employee satisfaction & engagement. Alongside firm leadership, Legal & Recruiting stakeholders, this role is a responsive & visible part of the team. You will work with both teams to support the needs of AlphaSights' most valuable resource: its people. A successful candidate will be excited about doing whatever it takes to enable coworkers & new hires to gain the right to work for cross-border moves, & ensuring a seamless, positive experience. This position will support global employees, with a focus on the ever-changing immigration climate in the UK & beyond, in addition to taking on some global responsibilities.
You will grow & develop in a high-growth, commercial environment. We will provide you with autonomy & independence in your day-to-day work & give you the opportunity to be a self-starter. This is an ideal role for someone whos keen to gain Global HR, immigration, mobility & strategic project work experience while having direct access & exposure to the commercial & organisational workings of a dynamic, innovative global business. We are looking for a person who wants to join our high-performance team, have real impact & be part of AlphaSights growth story.
- Own the employee immigration process on for incoming hires & existing employees including: information-gathering, compliance, managing visa processing & tracking renewal dates, by proactively reaching out to existing employees for the London office initially, taking on global mobility over time
- Act as the primary point of contact for day-to-day right to work, immigration & employment questions from job candidates & existing employees with work authorisations
- Work with external legal counsel & review government announcements as necessary, staying informed of immigration law updates & proactively updating internal stakeholders
- Work with Recruitment & Operations teams in the onboarding of new employees by diligently tracking the visa status of candidates & updating the internal team
- Manage global mobility, including creation of relocation guides, liaising with Finance, internal regional HR team & receiving regional leadership, documentation processes for internal transfers & supporting with relocation queries acting as the main point of contact
- Take ownership of specific projects or initiatives as directed by the HR Manager surrounding company policies & procedures related to global mobility, relocation, visa processing, employment law and/or compliance
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times to build trust in the organisation & the Human Resources function
- Conduct an annual visa audit to ensure compliance of all internal visa documentation
What we look for
- Attention to detail especially pertaining to organisation & document control
- An execution-focused mindset inner drive to push forwards with tasks & ensure timely & satisfactory delivery
- Proactivity ability to research best in class immigration & mobility strategies to provide a seamless candidate & employee experience
- Agility ability to execute on numerous work streams simultaneously
- Emotional intelligence & exceptional team playing skills ability to build relationships within the global HR & Operations teams & work effectively with other stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial mindset - conceiving of, trialling & implementing routines to maximise business outcomes in terms of visa success & costs
- Self-confidence ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
What youll need
- BA/BS/LLB from a top university minimum
- 1-2 years experience working in HR or in Global Mobility is desirable (or, other experience working in employment or immigration law in the UK)
- Fluency in English (foreign language skills are also a plus)