Join VillageMD as a Mobile Engineer in Chicago, IL or Remote
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare. Were empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions, & engaging patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians & healthcare disruptors across the country, improving patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization, & we are thrilled about the work that we accomplish every day. Were transparent. Collaborative. Relentless in pursuit of our mission. With a confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning. We believe that diverse backgrounds & experiences create the best opportunity for innovation. And we know that the community we are growing is greater than any one individual.
Weve built our technology using the best of cloud & open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models & connected to the most modern internal & external apps. These apps drive clinical decision support, patient engagement & other facilitators of innovative, information-enriched health experiences.
Could this be you?
See for yourself how our valued Mobile Engineers have been delivering innovations to help reshape successful healthcare with VillageMD:
As a member of our new Mobile Development team at VillageMD, you will work towards a seamless, inspiring, & efficient patient experience for our new primary care clinic brand, Village Medical. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to premier health systems, & all of the patients they serve. Our software aggregates, processes, & delivers rich datasets to improve the effectiveness of primary care for our doctors & patients.
How you can make a difference
During your first year, you can expect the following professional challenges:
- Invent applications to help enable behavior change for our patients to live a healthier life
- Evangelize the use of mobile to all of our product team
- Bring design mock-ups to life & create attractive UIs
- Perform peer code reviews & help us all get better
- Work with patients through user research to design the next generation patient portal interface
- Create a best-in-class scheduling experience for our patients to make booking appointments a breeze
- Integrate with our EMR (electronic medical records) to show our patients their health records such as labs, medications, & messages with their providers
Skills for success
- A real passion for problem solving & learning new technology
- A sincere excitement to improve people's lives
- Vision to balance speed & maintainability in solution design
- Strong analytical & technical skills
- The ability to handle multiple, concurrent projects
- Excellent ability to create & implement requirements, keep projects on track, & engage partners
- Challenging the status quo to improve our processes & tools
- Communicate complex technical details in meaningful business context
- A low ego & humility; an ability to gain trust by doing what you say you will do
Experience to drive change
- 5+ years of full-time experience
- 2+ years building Mobile applications in professional production environment (experience with both iOS & Android is ideal)
- 2+ years in Swift (SwiftUI experience is a plus)
- Experience with Kotlin Multiplatform
- Solid background in utilizing & integrating 3rd party integrations & application libraries with strict security requirements
- Experience with clinical & financial healthcare data highly preferred
- Track record of successfully executing projects with multiple partners
- BS/MS in computer science, math, engineering, or other related fields
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus & a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, & generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience & enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1. This fun, fast-paced, startup environment even comes complete with snacks.
You also have the flexibility to contribute remotely. Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products & services & the advancement of innovative solutions & improved quality of healthcare for providers & patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture how inclusion & diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity & inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust & innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance & respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.