Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastlys edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, & reliably by processing, serving, & securing our customers applications as close to their end-users as possible at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, & to support agile software development. Fastlys customers include many of the worlds most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, & GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Customer Development Representative
Fastly is looking for top-performing sales professionals who are passionate about an extraordinary work environment & are motivated to exceed expectations & advance their career in B2B software sales. Your efforts directly contribute to Fastlys top-line revenue growth. As a Customer Development Representative, you are responsible for uncovering, sourcing, educating, nurturing & developing sales leads into qualified opportunities from key accounts that will close & add to Fastlys growing customer base. You are focused on identifying opportunities & building relationships with prospects at the Enterprise level & leveraging your experience to make an impact.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of exceeding sales quota & metrics, loves the thrill of the hunt, & is capable of building & growing the pipeline of the business. They also have experience navigating through organizations, doing deep discovery & speaking to multiple decision makers.
What You'll Do
- Proven track record of success & thrive in metrics-driven sales culture.
- At the core you are curious & desire to meet a customers unarticulated & unmet needs.
- Demonstrate an insatiable desire to learn & improve.
- Fearless attitude willing to take intelligent risks.
- Sense of urgency.
- Understand their customers industry/business/needs (key to both building trust with customers as well as understanding how to help solve their problems).
- Can get things done despite obstacles or challenges.
- Have a desire to work hard, exceed expectations & outperform their quotas.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelors degree
- 2-5 years of full-time corporate sales experience (software sales is a plus).
- Proven track record of exceeding measurable goals/ quotas.
- Consistent & proven track record of success prospecting for new business.
- Demonstrated ability to manage territory & execute outbound prospecting strategies.
- Understands customer requirements & identify business challenges that Fastly can solve.
- Consistently & repeatedly pick up the phone & call your customers.
- Not afraid to ask questions until a thorough understanding is achieved.
- Intellectually curious with a keen interest in customers & technology.
- Adaptable, professional, courteous, motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to proactively resolve problems in a timely manner; develop alternative solutions.
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects & initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastlys home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices & employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, & we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, & an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing & maintaining our inclusive & diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work & have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people & were not one size fits all. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans & animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, & more. We love employees for who they are & what they are passionate about.
Were always looking for humble, sharp, & creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity & to providing employees with a safe & welcoming work environment free of discrimination & harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements & individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act & certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.