Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data & its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms & innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation & vehicle history.
What You'll Do
Our Site Reliability Engineering team applies industry-standard methodologies & principles to ensure service reliability & resiliency. We accomplish this by:
- Collaborating with Engineering & Product Managers to define SLOs & monitoring of well-designed SLIs
- Embedding with Engineering teams & independently addressing or collaborating to complete architectural improvements
- Being the primary point of escalation for major incidents involving assigned services
- Participating in an on-call rotation
- Owning our Incident Response Process, including conducting blameless Postmortems
- Improving robustness by automation of workflows, process improvements, CI/CD pipelines, & integrating modern toolsets
- Refusing to accept manual work as a solution to areas of weakness
- Partnering with Engineering teams to ensure new services are production-ready
- Championing our organizational standards for architecting, deploying, & scaling our products
- Making Data-Driven decisions to drive continuous improvement
- Evolving our tooling, logging, monitoring & alerting systems to increase observability & transparency
Who You Are:
- Proven background in software engineering with multiple languages & a firm belief in continuous testing & delivery, or significant relative operational experience running services at scale
- A bias for action, but sufficient emotional intelligence to approach colleagues with positive regard & understanding their challenges & decisions
- Curiosity & the acceptance that there are always ways to learn & grow
- The desire to be an active contributor in a collaborative & fast-paced environment
- Excitement in solving puzzles, discovering how a new service or tool works by identifying the individual components, libraries, & relationships it is built upon
- Understanding of technologies beyond coding such as Systems Engineering, Load Balancing, Configuration Management, Networking, Operating Systems, Troubleshooting, & Monitoring
- Comfort in dealing with Incidents & Availability Issues
- Familiarity with working with Cloud & Bare Metal infrastructure
- Exposure to industry standard observability tools & services
Technologies We Use
Terraform, Honeycomb, AWS, Prometheus, Java, Go, Ansible, Chef, Grafana, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Sentry, Bazel, Concourse, Artifactory
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity & collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible & hardworking. We have a great respect for testing & learning & a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball & ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK & Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI, Dublin, IE, & London, UK. If youd like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
Individuals seeking employment at CarGurus are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.