This is a great opportunity for someone looking to work with a highly-experienced team with various academic & industry backgrounds on cutting-edge technology. We work on a wide array of problems including security, scalability & performance of enterprise-level systems & applications.
Senior Cloud Software Engineers will enhance our offering by becoming an expert with our software & operations & leveraging our own platform to orchestrate our entire operation. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about their engineering craft. The ideal candidate will apply their software engineering knowledge in a collaborative manner no matter the task, solving complex problems whether they touch the customer or simply compliment the work of our team.
About the job
- Provide technical leadership in the rollout of new Cloud features & offerings.
- Desire to lead continual improvement in the availability, performance, functionality & security of our offering.
- Enable & Empower a fast-growing Engineering organization to conduct operations in the Cloud infrastructure in an automated & efficient manner.
- Reduce lead-time for infrastructure delivery, changes in Cloud by using smart automation & self-service platforms.
- Work with various groups within Appian to establish standard operating procedures & best practices that help achieve a balance between security, agility & cost-effectiveness.
- Pursue complex development, automation, & business process problems.
- Mentor other engineers to bring them quickly up to speed & acquainted with Appian's culture & environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar & at least 5 years of experience working with IAAS providers (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS industry with hands-on experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Experience in IaaS security models.
- Experience coding in Java, Python, & at least one scripting language.
- Experience with Java application server platforms such as Tomcat, or JBoss.
- Experience with UNIX or its variants, such as Linux.
- Experience with Cloud design principles.
- Excellent at problem solving & a talent for identifying creative solutions.
- Desire to partner with organizations & customers to help lead continual improvement in the availability, performance, functionality & security of a service.
- Excellent communication skills & skilled at providing exceptional customer experience (verbal/written).
Nice to have
- Experience with RDBMS platforms such as MariaDB, MySQL, Oracle or SQL Server.
- Hands-on experience using AWS Services (Athena, Cloudwatch, EC2, ELB, Route53, S3, VPC) to support mission-critical systems.
- Familiarity with container technologies, orchestration, & container deployment.
- Familiarity with low-code platforms.
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com & let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.