We are seeking a Senior Network Engineer to join our team. You will be a member of the Global Network Services team responsible for ensuring a highly-available global infrastructure to enable Pelotons growing global presence. This includes designing, deploying, maintaining, & supporting our global wired & wireless data network, voice systems, switches, routers, firewalls, site-to-site IPsec tunnels & client VPN. You will collaborate with our DevOps team on several projects & initiatives in addition to partnering with our CyberSecurity team to design, implement, maintain & support security principles & best practices for our internal user community to align with best-in-class security services.
- Design, deploy & support a complex global network environment.
- Manage key network equipment/software suppliers & professional services teams
- Maximize & ensure stable network performance through monitoring & proactive maintenance; troubleshooting network problems & outages; scheduling upgrades; network optimization, performance management & capacity planning.
- Ensure uptime & monitoring of all network infrastructure & circuits internationally
- Report on network capacity & SLAs/SLOs by collecting, analyzing, prioritizing & formatting information as appropriate for the intended audience
- Design globally consistent secure network infrastructure by partnering with the information security team to establish & enforce policies; define & monitor access
- Plan & perform network upgrades, expansions & new implementation projects
- Evaluate partner solution portfolio roadmaps & new technologies for potential deployment across Pelotons entire footprint of retail stores, warehouses, call centers, & offices globally.
- Provide troubleshooting guidance & training for Tier 1 & Tier 2 IT support
- Provide 24x7 Tier 3 IT Network Escalation Support
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- One or more industry leading certifications preferred such as CCNP, CCIE, JNCP, etc.
- Experience with Cisco, Meraki, Aruba Wireless & Palo Alto is a must.
- 10+ years of experience with network engineering, architecture, & design with 5+ years in a senior role placing emphasis on setting standards
- Combined experience should include:
- 5+ years of experience with designing, deploying, & supporting complex global network and/or solution engineering in SaaS environments
- 4+ years of network design & support of public cloud infrastructure: AWS, Azure, GCP
- 3+ years of scripting or coding experience with one or more languages
- 8+ years hands-on experience with routing/switching protocols & VPN technologies.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with designing, deploying & supporting SD-WAN solutions.
- 2+ year of experience with *nix systems & general use
- 2+ years of experience with deploying & supporting DDI solutions.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Motivated self-starter who has the ability to lead by example & break-down complex problems in order to find resolutions quickly
- Strong knowledge of network design & applications, including designing IP addressing hierarchy, complex routing & switching technologies.
- Understanding of network architecture, design of large scale networks
- Understanding of SDN/SDDC (Software Defined Network or Datacenter full stack (compute, storage, network) including experience with AWS, GCP, Azure, Openstack, Cloudstack, or related technologies
- Strong experience with multiple successful implementations (including the ability to design, configure, deploy, manage, & troubleshoot) of Cisco routers & switches, site-to-site IPsec tunnels, Palo Alto firewalls, Aruba Wireless & Meraki security appliances, switches & wireless.
- Strong knowledge of project life cycle management
- Strong knowledge of change management & MOPs
- Strong knowledge of packet capture & traffic analysis
- Virtualization technologies
- Strong knowledge of wireless design, technologies & wireless site survey tools
- Secure network architectures, including Beyond/Zero Trust frameworks
- High availability network design & technology
- Hands-on experience with how to support repeatable, reliable, & scalable network architectures with fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring systems, statistics/metrics collection, & disaster recovery.
- Expert level knowledge of transport protocols, routing protocols, & security/auth to encryption protocols at all layers of the OSI model with emphasis on TCP/IP are essential
Extensive knowledge of:
- IP Routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP).
- Switching protocols (802.1Q, RSTP, DTP, VTP, LACP, CDP, LLDP).
- First Hop Redundancy Protocols (HSRP, VRRP, GLBP).
- Tunneling Technologies (IPSec, Q-in-Q, L3VPN, MPLS, MP-BGP, GRE, DMVPN).
- Virtualization Technologies (VRF, vPC, VSS, VDC, Stackwise).
- RADIUS/TACACS+ & 802.1x.
- Expertise in IP telephony/Hosted PBX & Call Center management are a plus.
- Expertise in Terraform is a plus
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.