Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, & thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!
Cockroach Labs is growing quickly, & we're looking for an experienced Executive Administrative Partner to join our Workplace Experience & Operations team.
About the Role
As the Executive Administrative Partner, you are the backbone of the companys business operations & activities. You will anticipate the needs of your executives & help them stay focused on their projects by resolving operational & administrative issues before they arise. In addition to being organized & analytical, you possess the strong business judgment & communication skills needed to interact with a variety of people & job functions both internally & externally.
You must be based in the Eastern or Central time zone.
- Perform an extensive array of administrative tasks (calendar, travel, & expense reimbursement management) for senior-level executives. However, you may be asked to support ad-hoc projects for their respective department teams.
- Coordinate events, off-sites, conference speaking engagements, & candidate scheduling, as well as any associated travel itineraries, including accommodations & venue reservations.
- Handle a full spectrum of business details & needs for executives while maintaining discretion & confidentiality.
- Provide backup administrative support for other members of the team during absences, holidays, etc.
In your first 30 days, you will work closely with our CPO (Chief Product Officer) & Chief Architect to better understand their scheduling needs. You will familiarize yourself with their preferred mode of engagement & optimize their schedules to remain efficient with internal & external obligations. During this time, you will also be learning about Cockroach Labs' culture & how to navigate the organization. You will work closely with the Lead Executive Administrative Partner to help shape the administrative teams best practices & standards.
After 30 days, you will have built connections within the executive team. You will be available for light, ad-hoc scheduling as needed. During your second month, you will better understand specific departmental initiatives & goals, build relationships with core team members, & how you can proactively support your executives efforts throughout the year.
After 90 days, you will be fully integrated onto the Cockroach Labs team & have built a trusted relationship with your executives, beginning to act as a thought partner, anticipating needs & guiding them towards making decisions on how to best utilize their time.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of providing administrative support to senior-level executives & office/space management experience.
- A resourceful & intuitive approach to problem-solving.
- The ability to organize projects & multi-task responsibilities, working independently & across a diverse range of people & job functions.
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills with the ability to adapt to various personalities.
- The expectation of complete confidentiality on all business matters.
- The ability to be a team player & pitch in to help team members meet deadlines; comfortable in a fast-paced environment with constant changes.
- Confident with a positive & friendly demeanor and/or customer service experience.
As part of the People team division, you will work within the Workplace Experience & Operations team. The Workplace Experience team is responsible for workplace operations, facilities, workplace experience, & building the companys culture.
Reporting to Amy Kim - Lead Executive Administrative Partner
Amy focuses on making sure that our teams are supported with the best administrative talent to help run our operations smoothly. A seasoned Executive Assistant with over 10+ years of experience across various industries, Amy knows the importance of finding the right partnership between assistants & executives. Outside of work, you can find her chasing after her two young kids in her Brooklyn neighborhood.
Supporting Nate Stewart - Chief Product Officer
Nate is responsible for the overall product strategy & the activities we take to guide Cockroach Labs to product-market-fit. As a former engineer, Nate has seen how the challenges of working with data in unreliable, distributed environments often distract developers from building great things. Nate joined Cockroach Labs to help companies avoid that pain once & for all. When hes not at work, Nate can be found spending time with his family, reading a book from his Goodreads queue, or trying to remove the rust from his tennis game.
Supporting Ben Darnell - Co-founder & Chief Architect
Ben works on the distributed consensus protocols that underpin our transactional model. He started his career at Google & then went on to a series of startups where he saw firsthand the need for better scalable storage systems. When hes not working he likes to travel the globe in search of food & adventure.
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse & inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
[EEOC & accessibility are HUGELY important, & it is critical that we have this on every job description in addition to the EEOC questions through Greenhouse.]