Betterment is a leading, technology-driven financial services company that offers investing & retirement solutions for retail investors & investment advisors as well as financial wellness solutions, including a 401(k) for small & medium-sized businesses. Our growing team of 400+ is passionate about our mission to make peoples lives better. Were headquartered in NYC, with hubs in Philadelphia & D.C, & offer in-office, hybrid, & remote working based on role & location.
About the Role:
Betterment is growing, & were excited to add an experienced Business & People Partner to the HR Team!
Since our early days, HRBPs have played an integral role in aligning our people & business priorities. We strive to build HR as a function thats approachable & accessible to all, & we partner with leaders on the shared goal of building teams & processes that support employees at scale.
Were a team with a broad range of HR knowledge, always growing & learning, looking to each other & the HR community for inspiration & guidance. As a member of the team youll have the opportunity to jump right in & partner with leaders, managers, & employees across your teams, & influence all aspects of the employee lifecycle.
Please note this role is not 100% remote eligible. Betterment has a hybrid in-office/remote workforce, & for this position we are looking to hire an individual that can be at NYC HQ as needed.
A Day in the Life:
- Advise leaders & managers on all things people-related, such as our compensation philosophy, performance management, employee relations, succession planning, career development, & internal mobility
- Act as a resource & advisor to employees, fostering trust through the application of clear HR policies & systems, & offering support through all phases of the employee lifecycle
- Partner with the Recruitment & FP&A teams on headcount planning, internal mobility, & driving hiring efficiencies across the groups you support
- Collaborate with HR peers & broader People team on talent development initiatives, & DEIB programming
- Play a key role in the creation & maintenance of our Employee Value Prop, partnering with Leadership, Marketing & People teams.
What Were Looking For:
- HR and/or People Partner experience navigating the complex needs of dynamic & ever changing teams, working with multiple stakeholders
- A proven bias towards action - resourceful, execution oriented, & to able to work in a fast paced environment, all while handling multiple projects & priorities simultaneously
- A bias towards teamwork & collaboration - communicates often with peers, socializes work, & manages change with empathy
- An open & friendly communication style, collaboration-centric, with an ability to approach all situations with an empathetic mindset, yet strong decision making
- Strong experience partnering closely with Senior Leadership of a dynamic organization
- Experience implementing people programs such as employee relations, compensation reviews, HR compliance, & career development systems
What Being at Betterment Means for You:
Joining Betterment means belonging to a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your well-being, & continuing on a journey of non-stop growth & evolution.
Youll join a Community that Cares:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, & celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, & regular knowledge sharing, all occurring in a remote friendly way.
- Join one or more of our 6 Employee Resource Strategy Groups as a member or an ally, & help us shape Betterments culture & product for years to come.
Youll stay Happy & Healthy:
- We will ensure you're set up & cared for with a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, benefit packages that fit your needs (infertility & World Professional Association for Transgender Health approved benefits available), flexible parental leave, annual gym reimbursements & a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- Youll have unlimited paid personal & vacation days, & a team that cares about your whole life, not just what youre working on.
Youll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills & abilities through Betterment University courses & additional allowance for outside learning.
- As part of a team that values knowledge sharing & transparency you can opt into mentoring & career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, & show & tells.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
What Happens Next?
We expect to take a few weeks to review all applications. If we would like to spend more time with you, you will hear from us to arrange next steps. You can expect 3-4 sets of conversations, all remote, with your future colleagues in the weeks following your application.
Throughout the interview process, well look to learn more about your skills, experiences, capabilities, & motivators. Many of our interview questions will be behavioral, aimed at understanding how you might operate here at Betterment. We may ask you to complete a case study exercise or technical assessments, depending on the role, as we aim to collect a robust set of data points throughout the interview process.
On average, it takes us around 2-3 weeks to make a hiring decision, depending on your availability & sense of urgency. As a best practice, we aim to interview at least 3 final round candidates before making a hiring decision.
Please note that were unable to offer individual feedback during the interview process. We usually see 1,000+ applications for open positions, & our hiring team simply doesnt have the bandwidth to offer personalized feedback to each candidate.
We recognize that interviewing for a new role is a big deal. We appreciate you giving us consideration as the next step in your career. Our Recruiting Team is here to support & advocate for you through the interview process, so please let us know how we can help.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.