ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
The design team at theSkimm consists of ambitious, collaborative, & thoughtful designers, who work closely on all things related to theSkimm brand. They support pre & post sale partnerships, brand marketing, growth marketing, social, & product teams. We feel passionate & excited about designing products & experiences that millions of people touch on a daily basis.
The Multimedia Designer will partner closely with both the Design Team & Growth Marketing Team, to design interactive & static content for digital platforms. The Designer will develop creative assets that align to brand guidelines & campaign initiatives.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Concepting & designing creative for paid media campaigns
- Create motion graphics for theSkimms digital media content
- Ensure theSkimms brand styles & voice is represented in all projects
- Work with the entire design team to evolve the brand design system, understanding the value of design patterns & helping to build & maintain a cohesive visual language
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Proficiency in motion graphics & video editing are an absolute must-have qualification
- Proficient in Figma & Adobe Suite
- A sound design aesthetic with a solid understanding of typography & composition, & grids
- The ability to refine other peoples ideas & come up with new ones to create a highly designed visual experience
- Strong organizational & teamwork skills, ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting under tight deadlines with strong project & time management skills.
theSkimm is a mission-driven digital media company giving millennial women the information they need to live their smartest lives. Since launching in 2012, theSkimm has become a trusted source for a community of millions of Skimmrs by seamlessly integrating into their existing routines, fundamentally changing the way its audience consumes news & makes decisions. theSkimm's flagship product, the Daily Skimm, remains the fastest-growing newsletter on the market, & the company continues to innovate, finding new ways to Skimm everything from finance & careers to voting, wellness & downtime. theSkimms product suite has expanded to include two top-rated podcasts, Skimm This'' & 9 to 5ish, theSkimm mobile app, Skimm Money & Skimm Your Life newsletters, a new virtual course series called SkimmU, & Skimm Studios for innovative in-house video & audio content. theSkimms first book, How to Skimm Your Life, was released in June 2019 & debuted at #1 on The New York Times Best Seller list.
And were not done. By continuing to grow the breadth of theSkimm offerings in the lifes necessity categories & expanding our products across events, commerce, customized content & audio, theSkimm ecosystem will become the go-to resource for this generation -- & the ones that follow -- in the most critical areas of their lives.
This is a contract based, remote role.
Please include a portfolio link in all applications.