At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Data Science is at the heart of Lyfts products & decision-making. As a member of the Science team, you will work in a dynamic environment, where we embrace moving quickly to build the worlds best transportation. Data Scientists take on a variety of problems ranging from shaping critical business decisions to building algorithms that power our internal & external products. Were looking for passionate, driven Data Scientists to take on some of the most interesting & impactful problems in ridesharing.
As a Data Scientist, Decisions, you will leverage data & rigorous, analytical thinking to shape the companys product & business decisions. You will identify & scope opportunities, shape priorities, recommend solutions, design experiments, & measure impact. You will bring a quantitative mindset to decision-making in partnership with product, business, & operations stakeholders throughout the organization.
You will report to a Data Science Manager.
- Leverage data & analytic frameworks to identify opportunities for growth & efficiency
- Partner with product managers, engineers, marketers, designers, & operators to translate data insights into decisions & action
- Design & analyze experiments; communicate results & act on launch decisions
- Develop analytical frameworks to monitor business & product performance
- Establish metrics that measure the health of our products, as well as rider & driver experience
- Degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, economics, applied math, operations research or engineering (advanced degrees preferred), or relevant work experience
- 3+ years of industry experience in a data science or analytics role
- Proficiency in SQL - able to write structured & efficient queries on large data sets
- Experience in programming, especially with data science & visualization libraries in Python or R
- Strong oral & written communication skills, & ability to collaborate with & influence cross-functional partners
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.