Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join the Account Security Support team in our Bangalore, India office; supporting our customers use of our Account Security products, including Authy & Verify. In this role you will be an owner of the customer experience & deliver technical support with the wearing the customers shoes approach. You will demonstrate technical competency, empathy, & professionalism in your interactions with customers via email, phone, & Twitter. You will function as the voice of Twilio to our customers & partners, & operate as a subject matter expert for Twilios Account Security products.
Twilio is looking for a customer focused Support Engineer with demonstrated track record of providing excellent customer or technical support. We seek someone with:
- 3+ years experience in a customer-facing technical role
- Demonstrated history of customer focus & empathy
- Experience communicating complex technical issues to both technical & non-technical audiences via phone or email mediums
- Ability to put yourself in the customers shoes & have demonstrated your dedication to the customer experience
- Proven advanced time management skills, with the ability to work well under pressure, & are proficient at developing workflows to remain efficient at tasks while still following standard processes & procedures
- Ability to remain calm & effective at higher workloads as well as excelling at ruthless prioritization
- Demonstrated ability to make teams better:
- Experience being inclusive, while working with team members in different geographic locations & time zones.
- Demonstrated ability to identify process & team improvements, innovation & Drawing the Owl to creatively solve problems
- Proven documentation ability to write it down to create & curate internal & external documentation
- Track record of empowering others to succeed
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Work to surface & document customer pain points to assist in process improvement. Spend time reviewing internal knowledge bases to stay up on industry shifts & standards
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: by helping our customers to use our Account Security products & answering questions related to their 2FA configurations, Authy, Verify, & ensuring that they are able to understand & get the most out of their Twilio experience
- NO SHENANIGANS: Use your strong diplomatic skills to address customer issues & provide feedback
- DONT SETTLE: Collaborate with your teammates & the Twilio Product & Engineering teams via Slack as well as filing JIRAs to report reproducible defects to continuously improve the product
We are there when our customers need us, 24/7, & this position may require working an irregular shift, including the weekend (shifts are subject to change based on evolving team & customer needs). This position will also require supporting our customers on holidays to ensure that our customers needs are met.
The Account Security support team is vital to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with engineering & product to ensure that Account Security products are effectively securing our customers & partners applications, & providing valuable Verification & Look Up services.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position is based out of our Outer Ring Road office at RMZ Ecoworld in Bangalore. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work & home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.