The Regional Manager of Customer Success will be responsible for running & leading one of Oktas teams of Customer Success Managers who are tasked with providing a high level of service, establishing & maintaining executive relationships with Oktas customers, & ensuring Okta continues to deliver value to customers. You will be responsible for driving customer adoption & success through CSMs who provide oversight, adoption recommendations, find opportunities for greater service & mitigate risk. The success of this role means higher customer happiness, retention & expansion of Oktas business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- You lead a team of Oktas Customer Success Managers who field requests from Customers, Sales, & Support to assist customers
- Manage some of the top customers in your territory with direct hands on customer repsonsibilities
- You'll actively engage customers we figure out need help based on our analytics, ensure our top accounts are monitored closely, & facilitate executive engagement
- We work closely with Sales & Renewals leadership to ensure prospect customers & existing customers are getting value from Okta & renew as well as working with Oktas Big Data team to develop, review, & act upon metrics critical to reaching Oktas objectives
- Effectively lead & participate in customer critical issues to ensure successful resolution
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related discipline or Equivalent Experience.
- Similar background in Customer support, technical support, system administration or related customer facing role.
- Expertise supporting on both classic & modern web stacks.
- Experience supporting REST APIs.
- Real passion for solving issues & advocating for their success, in a dynamic, highly technical environment.
- You learn new technologies quickly.
- Excellent customer service & communication skills in variety of forms (written, live chat, conference calls, in-person.)
- You work independently with little direct supervision & as a part of a team.
- Excellent analytical & organizational abilities.
- Strong Analytical thinking, Attention to detail, Communication Proficiency, Leadership, Partnership, Customer Focus, Flexibility, Supervisory Responsibility, & Problem Solving skillsets.
- Exhibits confidence & an deep understanding of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
- Identifies critical issues with ease.
- Pushes creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices & customer mindsets.
- Years of supervisory management, customer success, & experience in a SaaS organization.
- Broad knowledge & a deep understanding of Identity & Access Management (IAM) & the Security industry.
- General knowledge of cloud architecture as well as onpremise IT landscape.
- Experience in consulting & implementation of IT systems preferably cloud service and/or identity management.
- Knowledge of enterprise web technologies, security & cuttingedge infrastructures.
- Specialized training on support, SAML, security preferred.
- Application programming & system support experience is strongly preferred.
- Agreeable & willing to be a handson contributor.
- Excellent communication skills, including issue tracking, triaging & crisis management.
- You've lead or showcase Process Improvement, Decision Making, Managing Processes, Planning, Analyzing Information, Developing Standards, Help Desk, Service Excellence.
- Experience working with SaaS vendors such as Box, Google Apps, NetSuite, Salesforce, ServiceNow & Workday preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 35%
Oktas Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our companys actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, & maintain transparency. Its our expectation that our managers & leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills & perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback & reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths & weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals & the organizations goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities & translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative & successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies & provides flexible benefits & collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best & uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Oktas privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.