BuzzFeed is looking for an experienced, passionate, & inspiring Content Lead to oversee written & video content for BuzzFeed Canada. Based in Toronto & reporting to our Director, International Content (based in the US), you will manage & motivate a small team of full time & freelance creatives, & oversee & create editorial & branded content for BuzzFeeds O&O, distributed platforms & portfolio of media brands.
You are a player-coach with a natural understanding & passion for the digital, pop culture & lifestyle landscape, & an intimate knowledge of all things internet. You're knowledgeable about digital publishing & social strategy, & have experience in the sponsored content or advertising space. Working across both editorial & branded work, you will lead brainstorms, set goals, ensure consistent output & performance, & share learnings with your team & the wider international org. You will develop & implement a compelling content strategy for BuzzFeed Canada, & act as a creative supervisor across all work produced for the Canadian audience. You'll be collaborative, organized, & innovative, with an excellent ability to client-face, & inspire others in the business.
- Develop excellent, original editorial & branded content that will delight (and help grow) the BuzzFeed Canada audience.
- Be a thoughtful & passionate writer & editor across a variety of genres, disciplines, frames, & formats.
- Balance brilliant creative work with branded client requests & industry-specific knowledge.
- Produce, shoot, & direct both branded & editorial video.
- Be a strategic & conceptual thinker.
- Grow & inspire top creative talent.
- Ensure output, performance, & good morale is maintained across the team.
- Create professional client relationships built on trust, respect, & results.
- Plan, conceptualize, & understand research to create & achieve results.
- Present results & insights tied to goals at the end of programs or campaigns.
- Uphold the values of transparency, collaboration, & good communication in the growth of the Content organization at BuzzFeed Canada.
- Collaborate across multiple teams to provide timely work that exceeds expectations.
- Think big to develop BuzzFeeds brand, business, & editorial footprint in Canada.
- 8+ years of experience making written and/or video content.
- Management & creative leadership experience in digital creative space.
- Experience in video concepting, scripting, & execution.
- Excellent copy editing & written communication skills.
- Extensive client-facing experience.
- A passion for food & experience creating food content is a plus.
- A working knowledge of the fundamentals of brand development, digital marketing, & the creative direction process.
- Engaging, conceptual writing skills across formats & verticals that show range, from expertise to humor.
- A passion for advertising with the ability to think about the unique challenges for brands & develop content that meets each partners needs.
- An interest in & deep knowledge of the social web, including experience producing work for a variety of platforms, apps & social networks.
- Experience at hiring & coordinating freelance personnel, as well as optimizing their workflow.
- Ability to work quickly & efficiently, while keeping a cool head under pressure.
- A "no haters" philosophy.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO & comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... & so much more!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company, delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, youll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create technology & content that helps connect people all over the world.