Ripples mission is to enable payments every way, everywhere for everyone. We believe connecting traditional financial entities like banks, payment providers & corporations with emerging blockchain technologies & users is the path to an open, decentralized, & more inclusive financial future. This Internet of Value gives any internet-enabled person, application, or device access to financial services that are transparent, fast, reliable, & cheap. Delivering this vision is a challenge of a massive scale spanning $155 trillion in annual cross-border fiat payments & the $1.5 trillion market of digital assets that has grown 10X in the last year.
We are looking for a software engineer to join a growing team charged with determining & delivering optimal liquidity for every customer in the world in a cost-effective, robust & scalable manner. You will work closely with applied scientists & machine learning engineers to build robust solutions that power our liquidity services at scale. You will mentor other software engineers, setting & demonstrating high standards & technical excellence. As a member of a new initiative, you must be passionate about inventing & delivering customer-focused solutions to ambitious & ambiguous challenges.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Build applications integrating with blockchain technologies & all forms of currencies (traditional as well as crypto)
- Participate in the entire software development lifecycle, from software design & requirements gathering to the unit & integration testing
- Integrate with the XRP Ledger, a distributed ledger built on the principles of Blockchain & its native currency XRP, the fastest & most scalable digital asset
- Work with teams across the organization, including product, design, marketing, integrations, ops, customer success, legal, etc
- Be a technical subject matter expert, provide technical leadership & share your expertise with a growing team of engineers
- Continuously raise our standard of engineering excellence by implementing & driving best practices for coding, testing, & deployment
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
- Demonstrated success by building highly elegant, scalable, & responsive web applications for consumers/enterprise customers
- Some hands-on Software Development experience on large scale distributed systems, with the last 5-7+ years in Java or similar (Go, Python) & 2+ years experience working as a tech lead
- Experience in building transactional systems (preferably in finance/banking / e-commerce domains), backed by an RDBMS or NoSQL.
- Experience with Agile development of distributed services, with a focus on shipping customer-facing features on a regular cadence including, scalability & security.
- Eagerness to work openly & collaboratively with a diverse team
- Ability to encourage & drive engineering best practices
- A positive attitude & a passion for sharing knowledge
- BS in Computer Science or similar
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant & seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain & cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity & inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing & enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses & consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, So Paulo, Toronto, Reykjavk, Washington D.C. & Dubai.
WHAT WE OFFER The resources & support to be your best at work & beyond:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies & make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, & empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination of the two within the 11 countries we are located around the world.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates & ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team off-sites, team bonding activities, happy hours & more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, & equity
- Bonus Flexibility Program: Participants in the Corporate Bonus Plan have the option to elect to receive their annual bonus in cash, equity or XRP, or a combination.
- 100% paid medical & dental & 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match)
- Commuter benefits
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest & recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement & weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, & plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees. Interns - please discuss benefits with your recruiter.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Were committed to building a diverse & inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.