Hi, we're Oscar Medical Group. Were hiring a Virtual Primary Care Medical Director to join our team in Dallas or Houston, TX.
Healthcare is broken. Patients experience a system that is fragmented, inaccessible, & impossibly complicated. We want to change that starting with primary care that is accessible, high quality, & personal. We believe that great primary care means partnering with patients on their healthcare journeys, while helping them navigate the larger healthcare system. Were continuing our efforts to improve healthcare with a virtual first connection.
About this role:
Were looking for an innovative physician leader to develop & lead a Virtual Primary Care Team, overseeing all care delivered to our patients in Houston & Dallas, our first Virtual Primary Care markets. You'll be responsible for leading a multidisciplinary care team- including Advanced Practice Providers (APPs) & Medical Assistants (MAs), delivering world-class primary care using a unique & innovative care model. With this team, you will manage a panel of patients primarily virtually while coordinating in-person care when required.
As the medical director in our Texas market, you will be a clinical leader in shaping overall care delivery in Texas helping inform the care model in other markets as they evolve. You will serve as a liaison between Oscar Medical Group & other healthcare providers in the market to ensure we are building a strong medical neighborhood for our patients.
- Provide clinical leadership for the Texas Market.
- Manage a multidisciplinary care delivery team (including APP & MA staff).
- Provide direct patient care to patients (flexibility for in-person care preferred but not required)
- Escalation point for the care delivery team
- Work closely with senior leadership to manage clinical partnerships in the Texas markets.
- Help recruit an extraordinary team of care providers.
- Support development of clinical guidelines & continuous improvement of Care Model.
- Provide thought leadership & give feedback on ways to improve workflows & tooling to reflect best care practices.
- Be available for on call shifts & to answer critical labs escalations.
- Maintain a flexible patient schedule
- Be accountable for the quality of care for your panel
- Participate in Oscar Medical Group committees
- MD or DO from an accredited medical school, licensed (or eligible to be licensed) in Texas
- 3+ years of primary care experience; specialty in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, or Medicine-Pediatrics required.
- Experience as a medical director, leading a team of care providers.
- Familiarity with the care delivery environment in Houston & Dallas.
- Ideally possessing Spanish language fluency.
- Located in Dallas or Houston with a willingness to practice in person as necessary.
- Experience being metrics driven in a practice setting as it relates to population health management, quality benchmarks, & productivity
- Willingness to practice medicine in unconventional settings including delivering care outside the confines of the usual office visit.
- A desire to challenge the conventional in search of delivering a better healthcare experience.
- Computer proficiency
- EHR Tool experience
- Strong leadership & communication skills
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.