Data Engineer, Montreal
Zola, the fastest growing wedding company in the country, is seeking a Data Engineer to provide data-driven solutions to business & technical challenges. Our business spans diverse areas focusing on the customer user journey to their wedding, e-commerce purchases & communication with thousands of vendors across the country via our marketplace platform.
This is a unique opportunity for a recent graduate engineer eager to grow their career, learn quickly & make an impact. You will have the opportunity to fully own & operate data pipelines end to end related to user experience (analytics), e-commerce (order, inventory, logistics, shipping, payment processing, merchandising), CRM (email marketing, push notifications), customer service, product & infrastructure.
- Help to evolve & scale our data platform, with an eye towards growth.
- Work closely with the analytics & business intelligence teams as well as other stakeholders from finance, marketing & product, to understand the data needs of the business & produce processes that support growth decision-making
- Implement solutions to bring together application data generated by distributed systems, third-party data, & real-time user data needed to make key business decisions
- Interact daily with your technical peers in the analytics & business intelligence teams
- Maintain, improve & deploy Python DAGs in Airflow
- Maintain & operate Redshift & PostgreSQL datastores
- Write ELT/ETL jobs leveraging AWS data stack such as Athena, Redshift, Redshift Spectrum, Postgresql & S3
- Learn dbt & help evangelize best practices for self-service ELT via dbt Cloud
- Find ways to improve data quality using frameworks like Great Expectations
- Keep an eye on dbt, Airflow, Locally Optimistic Slack channels to learn more from your peers around the world
- Gain the knowledge on Cloud Computing & data to pass AWS Certifications such as AWS Cloud Practitioner, AWS Data Analytics Specialty & more.
- Prior experience working with software development tools like Git & familiar with command line tools
- Experience with Python or similar scripting language for data extraction, cleaning & mining
- Good knowledge of analytical SQL & some familiarity with the AWS data landscape.
- You can quickly diagnose problems & employ preventive measures to maintain high quality & availability of data
- A track record of working autonomously, with strong organizational & time management skills
- A desire to continually keep up with advancements in data engineering practices
Zola is the fastest growing wedding company in the country. We're reinventing the wedding planning & registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples' lives even happier. From engagement to wedding & decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools & technology. All in the service of love.
Headquartered in New York City, our team brings deep experience working on beautiful, award-winning e-commerce sites & mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Yahoo, Amazon, J.Crew, Rent The Runway, Goldman Sachs, among many others. In 2017 the Wall Street Journal named Zola a top 25 Tech Company to Watch, & Forbes named Zola a Next Billion-Dollar Startup.
More about the team: https://www.zola.com/about
Recent press: https://www.zola.com/press
To apply, please submit your resume & include a brief cover letter about why youre interested in Zola & in this role specifically.