BlockFis mission is to provide liquidity, transparency, & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
About the Role
We are seeking an accounting clerk to help us build & scale our growing accounting team. The role will entail working through cutting edge accounting issues in the crypto space & implementing best-in-class processes & controls. This is a unique opportunity to learn & work across multiple areas as a key member of a high performing team.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of basic accounting principle & high degree of attention to detail.
- Accounts Payable data entry of invoices.
- Setting up payments to vendors.
- Maintaining credit card accounts.
- Assisting in creating & maintaining purchasing system.
- Assisting with month-end accruals.
- Research vendor statements & address discrepancies.
- Owner of vendor onboarding process & vendor documentation management.
- Preparation of 1099 & unclaimed property filing.
- Communicating with internal & external stakeholders.
- Keeping up-to-date technically & applying new knowledge to your job.
- Assisting with other projects as needed.
Qualifications for Accounting Clerk:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting (preferred)
- 1-2 years experience with accounts payable or general accounting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience working in an ERP system / environment (preferred)
- Experience with AP software, such as Airbase, preferred.
- Strong time management & organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently & prioritize tasks.
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $100MM in debt & equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt & credit crypto market leader in the U.S. As we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding & $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $100 MM of Series A, B, & C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, & Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand