GROUP NINE is seeking a talented, hard-working, innovative, pixel-perfect Freelance Visual Designer to join Brandshops Art Department. The Visual Designer will be responsible for creating unique & compelling designs for a large range of projects, verticals, & brand initiatives. This person will work closely with other designers, art directors, & cross-functional teams to achieve design goals across all projects.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create visually engaging, innovative, & functional designs & experiences for branded content, social, & sales materials
- Ideate, concept, & execute on pre-sale materials & mocks to support sales team:
logos, branded content experiences, social mocks, photo mood boards, etc.
- Produce work that aligns with designated style guides for clients & internal teams
- Build branded Keynote & Google Slides decks, working off templates
- Keep working files organized & follow best practices for file prepping/delivery
- Update and/or prep existing Adobe files for clients & export graphics for use on web, print, or in video
Idea generation & teamwork:
- Attend weekly creative meetings & brainstorms
- Take design direction from lead designers & art directors to improve visual composition
- Contribute new ideas for design treatments, planning, & strategy with the team
- Expert in design trends & editorial layout
- Passion for photography & strong eye for composition
- Keep up with news, technology, & content in media landscape
- Interest in beauty, culture, fashion, & lifestyle
- Professional & collaborative communication style across teams
- REQUIRED: Portfolio featuring examples of design work
NOTE: Candidates who do not provide a portfolio link will automatically be rejected
- 3-4 years of experience in Graphic Design
- Degree in Graphic Design or relevant experience
- Creative with a strong desire to learn & grow
- Passionate about design & committed to making beautiful work!
- Excellent typography/composition skills. Hand lettering and/or illustration skills are a plus!
- Exceptional work ethic
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong time management skills & ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Loves to collaborate & work with a large team
- Proficient in Adobe Suite, Keynote, Google Slides
- Experience with Ceros, Splash, or Celtra is a plus but not required
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Ability to stay ahead of trends & adapt to changing digital landscape
This is a 10-week contract role with an opportunity for extension following successful completion of the initial term. Must be able to work remotely, with the opportunity to work on site in the future.