Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Communications Manager to join our Communications team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
The Manager of Communications (Media Relations) supports the strategy & execution for Oscars consumer-focused earned communications program across all lines of business & products, as well as corporate communications. Serving as the team expert on securing earned press coverage with priority national & local consumer outlets.
This role is part of the team responsible for Oscars media relationships keeping key journalists up-to-date on our latest news & campaigns, proactively identifying opportunities to highlight Oscar in relevant stories, & managing responses to inbound press inquiries to increase visibility, share of voice, & positive sentiment for Oscar as a company, our Leadership Team, & our innovative offerings & perspectives.
The Communications Manager will be expected to work closely with leaders within the marketing organization, & the broader organization to develop the earned communications strategy & translate the strategy into Oscars proactive & reactive B2C media relations efforts. Responsible for working downstream with functional experts to ensure execution of earned communications is consistent, effective, on-brand, & compliant across owned/earned/paid media campaigns, community activations, & sales enablement.
- Expanding upon & strengthening existing relationships in & knowledge of the national & local consumer media landscapes & reporters.
- Developing strategic, multi-stakeholder communications plans with the goal of driving coverage by consumer publications & reporters around Oscars most critical moments & initiatives, including product announcements, new partnerships, expansions, crisis management, & more.
- Building a strategic communications calendar of consumer-friendly story ideas we should be telling at key moments & a bank of evergreen ideas we should be proactively pitching to the media regularly.
- Keeping a close pulse on the consumer media landscape & important cultural events & trends to know what reporters are interested in & how we can insert ourselves; constantly thinking about the key messages Oscar can deliver to recruit more media relationships & coverage.
- Creating comprehensive & thoughtful media plans that incorporate how we will leverage owned, social, & paid content to amplify our reach; executing on those plans through project management, content creation, pitching, coordinating with press outlets, & staffing briefings.
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders across Marketing, Communications, & the larger organization to support your earned media strategies, unearth new story ideas, elevate the communications team, & embed the team alongside core operations, such as the finance team, investor relations, network partnerships, compliance, & more.
- 5 years of experience in consumer-focused PR & communications working for a strategic communications agency or in a similar role inside a company.
- You have an extensive list of strong consumer media contacts at outlets that are core to Oscars earned media strategy with reporters who will always answer your call.
- You are hyper-organized & accustomed to managing multiple time-sensitive projects at once, including for C-suite-level executives.
- You have strong written & verbal skills, & can produce written content quickly, thoroughly, & thoughtfully.
- You know how to prioritize & delegate, but are also comfortable rolling up your sleeves to get things done on a nimble team in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in the health care industry, with an understanding of payor, provider, & patient dynamics.
- Experience working for a younger, high-growth company.
- You like people. You are exceptionally productive working with colleagues in groups (nearly everything you do will be a team effort).
- You get excited by the challenges of corporate communications & the prospect of new innovations & business models in healthcare.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.