Company Description Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You'rean Individual.We'rethe team for you.Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Senior Staff Software Engineer, you will help design, build & test enhancements to the Connex Advantagesoftwareon the HP NonStop Platform. You willbe takingleadership roles working on multiple projects & work as an integral part of a cross-functional development team. This collaborative, team-based role will require a close working relationship with Product owners, Software Architects, Quality Assurance, Technical Writers, UI Designers & other Software Engineers.
- Design, build or maintain HP NonStop servers, using C, TALand TACL
- Build partnerships with Product Management to ensure that the products being built deliver real value
- Code to design specifications
-Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback & correct problems
- Evaluate code to ensure it is valid, meets industry standards & is compatible with devices and/or operating systems
-Confer with management or development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, & help choose solutions
-Develop or validate test routines & schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces
- Coach & mentor junior team members & help them grow professionally
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
-12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
-In depth knowledge of HP NonStop & Guardian OS required
- Knowledge of design techniques & principles involved in production of drawings & models required
- Proven experience as a technical leader with ability to understand requirements independently & architect, design & build the solution
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service & interpersonal skillsrequired
- Ability to work independently & manage one's time
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position does not require the incumbent to travel.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.