The MemSQL Legal Summer Associate will partner closely with our Head of Legal & Corporate Counsel & work with various departments across the organization on multiple projects over the summer (2020). This is an excellent opportunity for an individual looking to gain exposure into how a high-tech, Silicon Valley startup operates, & to better understand the breadth of responsibilities that go into working at an organization at this stage.
Role & Responsibilities
- Negotiate, review, & revise new customer-facing contracts
- Review vendor agreements, including NDAs, SaaS, services, & others
- Assist on data privacy, security, & compliance-related projects
Required Skills & Experience
- Currently enrolled in a JD program
- A firm understanding of contract law & strong business acumen
- Computer proficiency including Google Drive & Microsoft Office
- Experience with Commercial Law and/or Intellectual Property is a plus
- Experience working in the high-tech field (enterprise software) is a plus
About the Company
MemSQL is The No Limits Database, powering modern applications & analytical systems with a cloud-native, massively scalable architecture for maximum ingest & query performance with the highest concurrency. MemSQL envisions a world where every business can make decisions in real time & every experience is optimized through data.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA with offices in Seattle, WA & Portland OR, MemSQL has raised nearly $100M from top investors including Accel Partners & Khosla Ventures, among others. MemSQL is trusted by customers including Uber, Akamai, Dell EMC, Samsung, Comcast, Kellogg, & more.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams & with a diverse range of people.
To all recruitment agencies: MemSQL does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to MemSQL employees. MemSQL is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes & will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.