Please note: candidate must currently reside in the UK & be able to work in the UK without sponsorship.
This is an excellent opportunity for an hands-on, quality-focussed Facilities Supervisor who will have first line responsibility for the delivery to the highest standards of client care by creating a clean, safe & comfortable environment at all times.
What Youll Do:
Facilities & Operations:
- To ensure that all maintenance checks are being carried out throughout the venue on a daily basis.
- To ensure that all faults & maintenance issues are logged via the correct channels.
- To carry out minor reactive maintenance tasks.
- To monitor the work of external contractors, obtaining quotes, scheduling & agreeing & following up visit dates.
- Support the Venue Manager with monitoring & co-ordinating planned maintenance activities.
- To be responsible for controlling all room temperatures through the Trend 963 BMS.
- To be responsible for waste removal from the venue ensuring that recycling targets are exceeded on a monthly basis.
- To ensure that security procedures are adhered to, particularly in respect to the closing down the venue each day.
- To manage key access both externally & internally within the venue.
- To make sure that an inventory of equipment & furniture is maintained.
- Check the venue is on a day- to-day basis to ensure fully prepared for the following day.
- Ensure bathrooms on Floors 1 & 2 are checked at regular intervals throughout the day & deficiencies reported to Landlord.
Health & Safety:
- To represent the venue as a health & safety officer/fire officer ensuring that all mandatory checks/ fire alarm tests & evacuation drills are carried out as per the safety regulations.
- To support the Venue Manager in ensuring all statutory procedures are carried out & documentation is kept up to date
- To support the Operations Manager with all relevant Risk Assessments including Fire, HACCP, & COSHH.
- To manage the H&S Standardised Documentation ensuring all records & certification are in date.
- To develop a good working relationship with both internal & Landlord contractors.
- To support the Central Sales Team working from the Birmingham venue office.
- To support the Venue Manager in ensuring that meeting rooms are set up as required & to a high standard for all events taking place within the venue.
- To ensure effective communication with Venue Manager in respect of client services.
- To be available for staff updates & company events.
- To be available for weekend & evening work where necessary.
- Effective opening & closing of the venue.
- And any other reasonable ad-hoc request made by the Venue Manager or Director of Operations
What We Look For:
- Experience within a client facing role
- GCSE Maths & English (or equivalent)
- Microsoft Office including Word & Excel
- Working knowledge of Statutory Health & Safety Legislation (desirable)
Who We Are:
etc.venues is an established leader in urban day conferencing with venues across the United Kingdom in London, Manchester, & Birmingham, & in the United States in New York City. The company was recently acquired by Convene, a premium hospitality company that designs & operates meeting, event, flexible office, & membership spaces, growing its global network to 39 locations across nine cities & creating the largest single provider of dedicated premium meeting & event venues in the U.S. & UK. Founded in 2009 with the goal of bringing hospitality & lifestyle into traditional commercial real estate assets, Convene partners with the industrys top landlords to deliver increased value to their assets & premium experiences to their tenants. The company counts Ares & RXR Realty among its investors, & has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by Inc. magazine, Fortune magazine, & Built In. Learn more at https://convene.com/
Were Here For You:
- Internal & external training & development
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, & company sick pay
- Subsidised fitness membership
- Interest-free loan for rail season tickets & further education
- Subsidised bicycle purchase through Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee wellbeing support & personal advice programme
- Subsidised eye care
- etc.venues Family lunch - fresh, healthy 'brain food' during your daily one-hour break
To view our job application privacy notice, please visit: https://www.etcvenues.co.uk/job-applicant-privacy-notice
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives.