1stdibs is the worlds leading marketplace for coveted furnishings, jewelry, fine arts & vintage fashion. Behind our world-class marketplace is a team of passionate marketing professionals that combine exceptional creativity with data-driven insights, & are committed to creating beautiful brand experiences & programs for our customers, clients & sellers. We are looking for a Creative Director to join our team, & contribute to the rapid growth of our business & industry.
A new role to 1stdibs, the Creative Director is a key creative leader that will be responsible for all aspects of creative development, including creative direction, art direction, graphic design, copywriting, photography & videography. You are an exceptional creative talent & leader that loves the creative process, & understands how words & visuals can produce marketing communications that delight customers, elevate the brand, & drive the business forward. Reporting into the Chief Marketing Officer, you will lead the creative team, & work with business leaders across our global organization. This is an extraordinary opportunity for you to join our team, & contribute in a high impact way.
Who you are
- You believe strategic thinking is core to great communications, & understand how great storytelling & strong creative contributes to our success
- You connect trends with customer insights to bring brands to life with customers & prospects
- You are collaborative, inclusive, & open to all ideas & data that will drive innovation
- You have exceptional communication, presentation & interpersonal skills, & know how to express your ideas & influence an organization at all levels
- You are comfortable with fast-paced environments, ambiguity, & taking risks
- You find joy in ideation & execution
- You believe that quality is better than quantity, & seek excellence & perfection in everything you do
- You are a committed people leader, & are dedicated to coaching & mentoring your team to ensure their success
What youll do
- Lead & inspire your creative team to develop & execute pioneering, fully-integrated marketing campaigns across all audiences & platforms
- Develop & execute a high volume of creative campaigns that deliver on brand and/or performance metrics across all channels - site, in app, paid, social, email, content, OOH, events & more
- Define, build, elevate & protect the 1stdibs brand while encouraging innovation & risk-taking. Ensure consistency across all channels of communication
- Build a team of in-house creative professionals & identify external resources as needed
- Build creative processes & systems that scale with a fast-growing e-commerce platform. Develop & manage an asset library. Ensure flawless delivery of all projects in all specified formats.
- Supervise the department's daily workflow, assign project workload, & monitor deadlines & budgets.
- Partner closely with the leads of Supply, Trade, Consumer, Product & Marketing to develop & execute pioneering, fully-integrated marketing campaigns
What youll bring
- 15+ years of in-house and/or agency experience, with at least 7 years at the leadership level managing creative/art direction, graphic design, photography, videography, copywriting & advertising
- Strong background of creative leadership, with stunning portfolio of world-class marketing & brand campaigns
- Exceptional marketer & storyteller, with strong creative sensibility
- Extensive experience creating integrated campaigns across all marketing channels in ecommerce environment
- A clear understanding of design-centered processes as well as proven methodologies for identifying & solving problems
- Proven experience achieving business objectives & working within a complex environment to hit deadlines
- An authentic, flexible leader, who advocates for his/her strategies, team, & colleagues. Proven ability to lead high-performing teams
- Exceptional collaborator & cross-functional partner
- Highly motivated self-starter with a positive attitude
- Dedicated & strong attention to detail
- Clear, concise, & transparent communication style
- Experience working in fast-paced, high-growth environments
- Background in creative design & brand marketing, preferably with design, luxury or e-commerce brands
- B.S. required in design related discipline a plus
1stdibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including Amazon, Google, eBay, Mlb.com, PayPal,and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.