About this Role
At Fandom, this Senior Software Engineer will be part of our D&D Beyond team. D&D Beyond is the official digital toolset for Dungeons & Dragons fifth edition & aims to enhance the D&D experience by making game management easier for players both at the table & between sessions. Players can create, manage, & keep track of characters, & browse all of the official rules in the compendium. We're also giving players the ability to create custom homebrew content to use in the toolset.
Our D&D Beyond team is looking for an experienced software engineer to join the Tabletop RPG team at Fandom & work on digital companions for the world's greatest role-playing games. We are excited to take the next steps in realizing our extensive vision for Tabletop gamingcontinuing to bring the most convenience, customization, & captivation to the TRPG community we can.
You will report to the Manager, Software Engineering.
- Write maintainable, high-quality features in a team-based development environment
- Use a shared codebase with peer reviews & pull requests
- Write & maintains unit & integration tests
- Help improve code integration & deployment processes
- Participate & occasionally lead planning, daily stand-ups, & retrospectives
- Follow & improve processes & coding standards
- Create project documentation
- Work in an environment where you have a direct influence on product & technical decisions
- Learn from & mentor other passionate engineers with diverse skills in an environment that values collaboration
- Work with distributed teams in different time zones
- Delight millions of D&D players who are eager to use our products
- 5+ years Experience building high-quality solutions with modern web technologies such as React/Redux, HTML5, & Sass
- Experience consuming RESTful APIs using industry-standard best practices
- Experience contributing to & consuming NPM libraries, both internal & open source
- Experience writing maintainable, & unit-tested code at scale
- Experience researching & learning new technologies & sharing your knowledge with your peers
Bonus Points if You Have Experience With...
- Running or playing in your own Dungeons & Dragons games.
- CSS preprocessors (Sass, PostCSS)
- Responsive design
- Cross-browser support
- Feature flags
- Web animations
- Inline SVG
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Health, Vision, Dental, & Life Insurance
- 401k Plan (+matching)
- Flexible time off - flexible & generous
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Family Assistance Programs
- Employee Assistance Programs & Support
- Wellness Programs
- Loan-Assistance, money-management, pet insurance, & other discounts
- Phone, Gym, & commuter programs
- An international work environment with a startup culture
- Open, energetic & fan-focused, international work environment
- Miscellaneous perks such as, swag, etc.
Fandom is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. Fandom has a global audience of almost 300 million monthly unique users & encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video. Our Fandom values are:
- We serve a global community.
Connection with our fans, creators, & partners is at our core, & its grounded by our active efforts of inclusion.
- We build experiences.
We imagine, improve, & deliver solutions.
- We bring joy.
We celebrate our fandoms, our teammates, & the work we do.
Learn More about Fandom
Fandom is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Fandom, one of our core values is We Serve a Global Community. Connection with our fans, creators, & partners is at our core, & it's grounded by our active efforts of inclusion. As such, we're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, & we do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We invite you to complete the optional section below. This information will help Fandom with our reporting requirements & help us learn more about how we can increase diversity in our candidate pool. Completion of this section is entirely voluntary & has no impact on your opportunity for employment.
New York Fair Chance Act