Accounts Payable Manager
As Accounts Payable Manager, you will be responsible for Convenes accounts payable function in a fast-paced, high-volume, multi-system environment that encompasses corporate, construction, design, legal, real estate, & property-level operations. You will partner with the A/P team, finance, & other leaders to tighten up & scale our A/P process, create infrastructure, & bring leadership & accountability to A/P.
As a successful candidate, you:
- See the big picture but also have solid, hands-on knowledge of & experience with the policies, practices, & processes that must be in place for a strong control environment
- Are comfortable in a dynamic work environment where policies & procedures are still taking shape
- Pitch in & help when necessary, even if it means shuffling your priorities
- Maintain A/P ledgers; verify that all transactions are posted accurately & promptly
- Administer A/P workflow tools, approval matrixes, & employee access
- Manage A/P team
- Monitor A/P aging & vendor statements
- Help with month-end closing for account reconciliations: A/P subledgers, credit cards, vendor statements, etc.
- Resolve A/P disputes & issues
- Automate any manual processes & reporting
- Audit expenses to GL accounts & cost centers
- Flag & investigate any unusual or questionable invoice activity
- Building relationships with employees, internal clients, & vendors
- Develop, monitor, & provide KPI reporting to finance management
- Bachelor of Science degree in accounting
- 10+ years accounting experience
- Strong accounting foundation with deep knowledge of accounting principles, practices, & procedures
- Domain knowledge: construction, real estate, utilities, building fees, food & beverage, rent statements, technology, fixed assets
- Solid computer skills, including Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Experience working in Abacus & Arieet preferred
Convene designs & services premium places to work, meet, & host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major U.S. cities, with plans to expand globally. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date & has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by both & Fortune magazines.
Other recent accolades include:
- 2017-2019 Certified Great Place to Work
- 2018 Fortune Best Small & Medium Workplaces U.S.
- #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- #30 in 2017 LinkedIn List of Most In-Demand Startups
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together were building a culture that embraces diversity & learning, humility & gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously & strive for a healthy integration between work & personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Convene employee
- Supportive work environment & leaders who are focused on your professional growth
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth. Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year.
- Flexible PTO & family leave
- 401k match
- Excellent health coverage for team members & their families
- Company events that highlight our team's passions & hobbies
- Healthy snacks
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, & perspectives.