Solutions Engineers at TripleLift are entrepreneurially minded engineers who leverage their strong technical experience along with business acumen to help internal & external stakeholders achieve their goals. The Business Intelligence team specifically focuses on leveraging TripleLift log-level data to fulfill client reporting requests, monitor platform health, & discover money-making opportunities for TripleLift & our clients.
The BI Engineer has a passion for solving logistical issues. They need to understand how data is captured by our system, how various colleagues need to use the data, & strive to minimize the difficulty of answering questions with data. Additionally, the BI Engineers are responsible for ensuring data correctness, optimizing query performance, & maximizing reporting tools effectiveness.
TripleLift is building ads that people enjoy.
Advertising is an essential part of the internet. Yet most ads are either never noticed, or are interruptive. We aim to make advertising thats helpful & effective.
We believe that by recreating the advertising experience to be seamless & focused on content, we can usher in a new era of content monetization. All day we are bombarded by ads online, many of which were created over 20 years ago. TripleLift is building the ad experience of the future.
TripleLift is focused on delivering consumer-focused, digital advertising technology that seamlessly integrate native advertising into every channel of content consumption, including web, app, branded content, & connected TV. By utilizing our proprietary computer vision technology, TripleLift is able to dynamically assemble native ads that match publisher content that are accessible through the industrys first real-time, native programmatic exchange.
TripleLift is one of the fastest growing companies in America, & has achieved a diversity of product lines, a leadership position in its industry & is regularly recognized as an innovator in its space - all while being consistently profitable.
- Maintain a set of TL internal & external reporting applications;
- Optimize data tools to be able to monitor the platform;
- Pair with data & core engineering teams to ensure data platform stability & correctness;
- Perform basic data related project management duties
- Perform basic data related product management duties (as the data PM)
- Educate various internal groups on the TL data structure & reporting tools;
- Address data discrepancies & clear up confusion about the data set;
Desired Skills & Attributes
- Technical experience, especially with BI technologies. This includes datastores & querying frameworks (MySQL, Redshift, PostgreSQL), BI Tools (Looker, PowerBI, Tableau), & production technical stacks;
- Outstanding communication skills, particularly in conveying technical concepts in a manner that is easy for clients & non-technical partners to understand;
- Excellent quantitative skills & comfort with data exploration tools such as Excel, numpy, R, Spark/Scala, etc;
- Demonstrated experience in owning projects end to end that involves coordinating many resources & teams;
- Ability to code in any standard back-end language, such as Java, Python, Ruby, Go, or Scala;
- Excellent organizational skills & attention to detail;
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical & problem-solving abilities with a tenacious commitment to finding the root cause of issues;
- Ability to work under intense pressure & multitask in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Studies in computer science, engineering, mathematics, economics or technical field.
- Studies in advertising, communications, marketing, or other discipline with demonstrated technical exposure
Minimum of 1-4 years of work experience in customer support, technical solutions, engineering, or other technical position. Graduate degree with publication can substitute for work experience.
Benefits & Company Perks
- Amazing company culture
- Competitive salary & performance-based bonuses
- Ongoing professional development
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
- Equity options
- 401(k) program
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- Yoga, massages, & meals
- Crain's Best Places to Work - three years running! (Crain's - 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Forbes Next Billion Dollar Companies (Forbes - 2018)
- Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America (Inc. - 2017, 2018)
- Crain's Fast 50, Fastest Growing Companies in New York (Crain's - 2017, 2018)
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (Deloitte - 2017, 2018)
- Forbes Most Promising Companies in America (Forbes - 2015)
- AdTech Startup of the Year Winner (New York Times - 2015)
- Startup of the Year Finalist (AdWeek - 2015)
Note: The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) is a federal labor law of general & nationwide application, including Overtime, Minimum Wages, Child Labor Protections, & the Equal Pay Act. This role is a FLSA exempt role.