AStore Leader at Warby Parker plays an integral role in laying the foundation for our retail business. All aspects of the stores success will rest on your shoulders- therefore, a solid foundation of store management experience & exceptional leadership skills are crucial! You'll focus primarily on building a team of exceptional associates, executing processes & procedures that help us consistently provide amazing customer service, & ensuring that the store exceeds defined financial performance targets.
What you'll do:
- Understand & communicate Warby Parkers values & brand philosophy to customers & staff
- Manage daily scheduling, time off, & payroll matters for all store associates
- Develop, execute, & continuously improve all operational activities to ensure the store exceeds financial & customer experience targets & maintains brand consistency
- Coordinate periodic store events with Warby Parker marketing team
- Develop & ensure procedures are followed to protect the companys inventory & assets as well as all activities related to risk management & safety
- Recruit great people, interview them, & select individuals that live our core values & will stop at nothing to serve our customers
- Provide initial & frequent ongoing training & development for all team members
Who you are:
- Innovative, proactive, entrepreneurial, & a team player
- Equipped with extensive managerial experience in sales, operations, & financial performance with a customer-focused, operationally excellent retailer
- Firmly established as a top performer
- Into having lots of fun at work but unafraid of putting in long hours when required
- Excited about building & managing a high performing retail team
Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels & designing our frames in house, were able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lensesa fraction of the going price!).
In the last nine years, weve grown to over 90 retail locations in the U.S. & Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, & launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running, Fast Company has named us one of the worlds most innovative companies.
We also hold ourselves to the highest standards of social & environmental responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating carbon-neutrally & distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair we sell. (Were big believers that businesses can scale & be profitable while doing good in the world.)
Of course, all work & no play makes a dull day, & no one likes a dull day. As an employee at Warby Parker, you can look forward to team outings, intramural sports, volunteering opportunities, & more. It also doesnt hurt that the team is just great company.
Some benefits & perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Team-performance-based incentive program
- Health, vision, & dental insurance
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Paid Time Off policy including six paid holidays
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends & family)
- Frequent snacks, team outings, & workday celebrations
- And more (just ask!)