BetterCloud is the leader in SaaSOps, enabling companies to discover, manage, & secure their cloud applications in a best-of-breed world. The driving force behind our work is to ensure organizations get the transformative value & benefits of adopting SaaS applications while ensuring IT has complete control over their environment & can serve as an enabler for the business. Today, we're proud to call 1,700 companies across 60+ countries our customers but we're just getting started.
BetterCloud is a high-energy tech company & we are seeking a Quality Assurance leader to join the product development team. This critical role carries significant responsibility for establishing the vision & direction for the QA organization at BetterCloud, as well as for directing the day-to-day operations that ensure the quality of everything we produce. Candidates that have demonstrated successful patterns of supporting existing product functionality while maximizing throughput for new functionality will be successful in this role. Understanding what it means to create a culture of quality in an organization by demonstrating value & gaining buy in from others is a must.
We are looking for an individual that has demonstrated experience in defining & implementing practical & effective QA metrics, policies, processes, & models across the entire software development life cycle. The ideal candidate has led teams comprised of analytical & technical resources & is well versed in state-of-the-art tools & technologies that enable effective QA/testing processes & functions. Our VP of Quality Assurance should also feel comfortable speaking & presenting to C-level executives & customers.
A candidate for this role should have experience with test automation (5+ years), continuous integration (5+ years), & continuous delivery (3+ years). We deploy code to production multiple times a day & need a QA leader who is versed in helping bake quality into these development & deployment practices. We strive to stay on the forefront of best practices in the realm of software delivery & are looking for someone to continue pushing us to improve the way we deliver value to our customers.
- 10+ years experience in recognizing areas & symptoms of project risk; must be able to escalate issues/risks to appropriate parties & work collaboratively to drive resolution & ensure transparency.
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience with Agile methodologies & supporting techniques. Experience baking test automation & quality into a CI/CD pipeline is of particular importance for this role.
- 5+ years of experience leading & managing teams of Quality Assurance resources.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience with API driven products, API tooling, & high volume processing environments where quality is the pinnacle of product success.
- Must be a high-energy leader able to delegate & mentor effectively, yet roll up their sleeves when required to achieve results and/or demonstrate effective behavior.
- Must have a passion to deliver a unique, world-class customer experience through incredible quality.
- Identify bottlenecks & pain points & directs efforts to address the challenges in a data-driven manner.
- Focus on continuous improvement by setting up processes that track issues, allow us to learn from them, & incorporate those learnings to prevent recurring issues.
- Challenge the status quo to generate new ideas, is open to challenges, & implements unique solutions; focuses on the best outcome for the company.
- Has a comprehensive knowledge base in their technical field, is seen as a thought-leader that continually augments the teams experiences & skills with the latest training, technologies, & techniques.
- Define, establish, & implement comprehensive, yet practical strategies to ensure the quality of BetterClouds products. QA strategies must consider the entire development process, & cover the full complement of QA functionality, from unit testing, through full regression testing & user acceptance testing, & ending with performance testing.
- Develop & maintain a strong working & personal relationship with the BetterCloud Support team to ensure quality is measured for & maintained once code reaches production.
- Collaborate closely with Product teams to ensure plans account for ample time required to bake-in quality from product inception to implementation
- Work side by side with engineering leaders to enforce automation first strategy to test case execution, with security to ensure security is integrated into the CI/CD pipeline & part of ensuring quality of the product, & with SRE to ensure all non-functional requirements are validated as part of every delivery
- Make sure quality is built into any development effort from the start; even during the planning phases & not just when coding starts.
- Work with scrum teams to ensure our continuous builds are at a point where we can deploy on green into production.
- Define, document, & enforce repeatable QA/testing standards, policies, procedures, & processes.
- Provide daily guidance & support to QA team members. Recruit & hire QA team members.
- Define & maintain key measurements & metrics to quantify & benchmark QA effectiveness, adjusting processes as needed for continuous improvement.
- Develop team members to increase & provide career growth. Identify appropriate training & development opportunities for team members, enabling them to perform their jobs more effectively & achieve their career goals.
Compensation | Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock options
- Career growth with an industry innovator
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled & vets.