Harrys is looking for a talented, experienced software engineer to join our team to focus on building & improving the harrys.com web application & associated systems. The Harrys website serves millions of customers, so this is a great opportunity to do impactful work at a huge scale.
About the Team
The Engineering team at Harrys is responsible for building the software to support all e-commerce activities: from building customer-facing, responsive interfaces to tools for managing fulfillment & order processing. In the last year, our team built features like Mystery Item & browser payments, launched new body wash & soap products, launched our first new brand Flamingo using the JAM stack, built a Pride campaign, held a Hackathon that produced some features like Quick Add, & did many more awesome things.
About the Role
We need someone who can step in & help build a Direct To Consumer brand that customers continue to love & continue to grow the engineering talent on our team. In this role, youll act as a versatile contributor able to work in both the frontend & backend of our application. Youll be working closely with product management & design teams to achieve business goals while driving engineering excellence & best practices in our engineering organization. Systems & software you build will help us serve thoughtful & delightful customer experiences in a way our retail competitors cannot.
What you will accomplish:
- Build high-quality software & be an advocate for engineering best practices across the engineering team.
- Work closely with our Product & Design teams to solve customer pain points that will continue to demonstrate how much we value them.
- Plan out & execute new features & initiatives.
- Participate in & take ownership of our agile planning, code reviews, testing methodology, & on-call systems, & think critically & constructively about how to improve & shape those processes.
This should describe you:
- You are pragmatic, & understand the trade offs in making technical & architectural decisions.
- You are always seeking opportunities to improve your own work as well as the team.
- You are humble, & leave your ego at the door. You are able to take feedback gracefully & act on it, as well as give thoughtful feedback.
- You are enthusiastic about being a resource & mentor for the people on your team.
- Youre seeking to drive tangible impact in your next career opportunity.
- You are an experienced engineer whose worked heavily across the stack in large-scale, high-visibility applications.
- You understand that building software is a team effort & an ongoing endeavor.
- You have a passion for solving complex & tough problems & thrive in a culture of innovation.
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.