The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Product Manager to be a key member of the Enterprise Data & Business Intelligence organization focusing on Data Engineering Services. You will help us build & scale our data engineering platforms including data lake, data ingestion pipeline, data quality, data compliance & metadata management platforms that fosters self service analytics culture at Twilio. You will drive the strategy & roadmaps for the implementation of scalable platforms that store, transform & query large volumes of data; services that provide self service experience for data ingestion, data quality monitoring, alerting, corrective actions etc. As a successful candidate, you must have a deep background in both Product Management & Software/Data Engineering (or a related field). You are a self-starter, embody a growth mindset, & can collaborate effectively across the entire Twilio organization.
Twilio is looking for an exceptional individual who lives Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record in conceiving & delivering Data Engineering solutions at company-wide scale.
- You love big data & the challenges that come with it.
- 5-7 years experience as a Product Manager focusing on Data platforms & engineering solutions for large scale data volumes in a fast-paced company that delivers software.
- Demonstrated success in delivering new data platform products (internal and/or external) from ideation through launch in an Agile environment.
- Demonstrated success in driving adoption of data lakes & self service analytics products at company wide scale.
- Experience with big data storage & processing technologies (e.g. AWS S3 or HDFS, Presto or Hive, Delta Lake, Spark, Airflow, Cassandra, Redis/ElasticCache, AWS SQS-SNS, Kafka etc).
- Experience with Cloud Services/Platforms (preferably AWS).
- Possess strong business acumen--you can communicate effectively with business stakeholders.
- Possess strong technical acumenyou can code & can communicate effectively with engineers & product managers .
- Collaborative mindset & ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams.
- Solid communication skills & the ability to clearly articulate your point of view.
- You are curious, empathetic, & have a good sense of humor.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science required, or equivalent experience.
As a Product Manager for the Data Engineering Services team, you will be expected to live the Twilio Magic and:
BE AN OWNER
- Define the long-term product strategy for the Data Lake & other self service engineering platforms & tools.
- Own & execute the roadmap for your productscommunicate both the business value & the technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- Participate in Agile/Scrum teamsassist team in planning & execution of sprints, epic & story backlog refinement, & related operating mechanisms. You will work closely with a team of Software/Data engineers.
WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES
- Partner with Enterprise data leadership, Engineering teams, & other PMs to ensure they have the right information to engage with the central team & ensure happy customers.
- Seek out & gather our internal stakeholders data & analytics needs across the companytranslate & synthesize them into actionable products/product requirements.
- Maintain laser focus on MVPs, iterative product development, & releasing immediate/tangible value to stakeholders & adjust frequently.
- Manage project plans for on-time development & releaseensure that the Data Engineering Service teams are working on the right things at the right time.
DRAW THE OWL
- Accelerate learning on new data platforms & services by running workshops, stakeholder previews to gather early feedback & build a strong perspective on priorities.
- Identify necessary reports, metrics, & analysis to measure the effectiveness & validate the success of completed projects.
WRITE IT DOWN
- Demonstrate excellent verbal & written communication - ensure that complex ideas, thoughts, & vision can be communicated simply & effectively. You are expected to thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
- Create detailed product specifications to illustrate product functionality including business rules, flows & use cases.
The Enterprise Data & Business Intelligence is a central organization within Twilio that provides data infrastructure & related services in the form of data lake, data warehouse, business intelligence & data governance etc, that supports long term growth & sustainability. Our mission is to enable fact based decision making by providing clean, governed, accurate data in scalable & easy to use systems in a timely manner. We play an integral role in shaping our business decisions that enable companys growth & success & are the backbone of Twilios data driven culture.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office in Denver. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, bi-weekly All Hands & more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.