Site Merchandising Specialist
As an Site Merchandising Specialist, you are responsible for creating a best in class customer experience through effective site merchandising strategies & execution. You will be directly responsible for optimizing the site experience for taxonomy, product listing (shelf) & search by leveraging analytics, comp research & industry best practices. Creativity & agility will be paramount as you identify retail trends, synthesize information from multiple touch points & create business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Site Merchandising & applies this to the development, execution, & improvement of action plans to improve customer experience & conversion.
- Maintains a strong vision for future site improvements driven by passion for delighting our customers.
- Exhibits strong aptitude of competitive landscape & leverages to drive business improvements.
- Serves as an advisor to Category Management & Category Marketing; identifying potential enhancements on visual merchandising plans & seasonal campaigns leveraging customer based analytics to improve conversion, repeat visit & other KPIs.
- Tests & evaluate the effectiveness of merchandising strategies; refines as part of continuous improvement process.
- Encourages an environment of operational excellence andflawless execution to achieve a best in class site experience.
- Ensure SEO value is maximized by using best practices & proper implementation of clear-text, alt-text, SEO copy blocks, canonical URLs & re-directs.
- Manages site taxonomy build & product listing (shelf) rules at the category level, ultimately helping to execute the Category Managers strategy properly through Site Merchandising best practices; providing insight to the team based off of real world data, tests & competitor actions.
- Models compliance with company policies & procedures & supports company mission, values, & standards of ethics & integrity.
- Works closely with the creative team, providing direction based on Category Management priorities, seasonality & Site Merchandising insights.
- Monitors site presentation & traffic; takes the appropriate actions to modify visual presentation as necessary based on changing customer behavior & demand.
- Review site map & remove duplicate site experiences.
- Build site navigation within specific product categories; to increase findability & improve customer experience while shopping the site.
- Provides leadership within the Site Merchandising team; mentors & leads site merchandising specialists.
- Bachelor degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of relevant retail experience
- 2+ years of site merchandising experience
- Technical background with a strong creative element
- Must have Omniture or other site analytical experience
- Analytical & process-oriented, comfortable making data-driven decisions
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a cross-functional team & willingness to take on responsibilities outside primary job description when necessary
- Adaptable & demonstrates initiative in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Keen attention to detail
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with writing creative briefs
- Search & SEO experience
- Ability to be the customer in order to improve site experiences