Company Description|Job Description
Job Title: Senior Manager, Process, Change & Continuous Improvement
Job Code: REF19371W
Skill Category: Finance
Job Type: Permanent
Posting Start date: Monday 5th August 2019
Closing Date: Monday 2nd September 2019
Salary: Competitive plus Benefits
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Manager, Process, Change & Continuous Improvement, we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
This role sits in Visa's Europe Controllership team, which is responsible for the accounting & finance operations of the Europe business functions & corporate accounting activities for Visa. The team is part of the broader Global Controllership function within Global Finance. This role will report to the Sr. Director within the Europe Controllership team in London that oversees the Corporate Accounting & Financial Reporting. This position will be responsible for controllership process documentation management & improvement, change management in Controllership & Continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of pertinent controllership processes & controls, the ability to identify & implement changes to improve operational efficiency, the ability to work well with cross-functional teams, & identify opportunities to work with robotics, automation, & continuous controls monitoring, all with a strong sense of ownership & urgency.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Responsible for managing & improving all controllership processes & for the documentation of processes with related controls (revenue, payables, accounting, Operations support)
- Proactively research & document opportunities for continuous improvement
- Prepare an annual plan for approval for all Continuous improvement initiatives
- Negotiate, through procurement as necessary, with any new vendors for tools required to improve efficiency.
- Work as controllership representative on any system changes impacting processes to maintain accurate process documentation & clarity of responsibilities
- Develop & manage a controllership scorecard with Financial Systems Support assistance.
- Interaction with various levels of management within & outside of Finance & internal & external audit teams & participation in cross-functional projects will be a routine part of the job.
What we're after
- Chartered Accountant (ACA) preferred, proven progressive professional accounting experience, preferably in a publicly-traded company and/or with a public accounting firm.
- Proven international payments experience.
- Strong understanding of Visa's business (four party model, rules, pricing, products, sales) processes
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, including excellent written, oral, listening & presentational skills & ability to work well under pressure & interact at all levels are also required.
- Strong technical, quantitative & analytical skills
- Proficient with Oracle or similar enterprise accounting system
- Proficient in utilising Excel to efficiently analyse data..macros preferred
- High level of experience with continuous improvement methodologies, driving increases in efficiency / effectiveness, utilising lean thinking, six sigma, systems thinking, operational excellence qualifications preferred
- Familiarity with Sarbanes-Oxley internal control compliance
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Capable of handling multiple tasks, possess good organisational, communication, & analytical skills, able to work independently, & be extremely flexible.
- Welcomes challenging/complex projects & demonstrates an ability for working "smarter not harder" by making continuous improvement to the efficiency of processes