The MES Systems Manager will play a crucial role in transforming the landscape of Peloton manufacturing, working as part of the high performing Enterprise Technology team. This role will be crucial in helping Peloton to build a robust competitive advantage - which will require best in class capabilities to ensure adept handling of future growth. As an organizational leader, you will be responsible for many of these efforts, including the implementation of the SCADA, Robot Automation, & MES systems. You will be expected to provide a high standard of documentation for systems & the architecture that support business capabilities. You will provide guidance to organizational leadership using data driven analysis & your industry experience to ensure the right trade-offs are made on key systems decisions. Finally, you will need to play a key role in the day to day execution of the project, ensuring tasks are completed with a high bar of quality. The ideal candidate will possess a unique mix of technical skills, analytical capability, systems expertise, & the ability to create & maintain collaborative working relationships with cross-functional teams & their leaders to achieve cross-functional success.
- Operate as the Subject Matter Expert for Manufacturing Execution.
- Be part of the journey to successful Implementation of Manufacturing technology investments.
- Work as part of a cross-functional business & technical team to ensure a successful implementation of systems & technology, working with our organizational partners & external providers to drive trade-off discussions & align our processes to industry best practices
- Work with business units, application developers, security, & infrastructure engineering to troubleshoot, design & build application integrations that support critical manufacturing processes across operations, quality, & materials.
- Expertise in As Built configuration archival will be necessary.
- Assist in the vendor selection process & provide recommendations for investment in technology solutions, supported by appropriate ROI, total cost of ownership, and/or cost benefit analysis.
- Work closely with the business owners, product managers, solution consultants & business analysts to implement new functionality based upon customers requirements.
- Guide business colleagues through project activities to support new process/system implementations: integration/system testing, training, & change management.
- Provide subject matter expertise for the MES, industrial automation & system integration practices to be implemented across our manufacturing & refurbishment footprint
- Influence global MES roadmap & architectural strategy as technology evolves, with an emphasis on re-usable, scalable, & supportable solutions
- Work with data strategy & analytics teams globally to ensure alignment with the current & future architectures for the integration of MES solutions with ERP, plant automation & data analytics platforms
- Consider performance tuning, load balancing, usability & automation of MES when developing MES architectures
- Consult with manufacturing business teams with regards to process pain points. Advise on options, risks, costs versus benefits, & impact to other business processes & system priorities
- Adhere to agile processes & methodologies to enable other MES Dev team members to successfully deploy incremental releases into production
- Apply your knowledge of MES technology, Industry Trends & Manufacturing best practices to draft future architectures & process designs for our MES systems
- Expertise implementing MES/SCADA systems such as Rockwell, ABB, Aveva or equivalent. Additional automation experience in the areas PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers), Modicon/Allen-Bradley (or equivalent) plus Historian configuration is desired.
- 5+ years relevant manufacturing systems experience in operational or consulting roles, with 3+ years leading implementation or daily system operations
- 2+ years product management, agile project/program management or other product ownership role a bonus
- Strong understanding & experience in Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) & manufacturing processes
- Strong understanding of ERP processes directly related with manufacturing
- Very good communication & documentation skills, with ability to work cross-functionally with a diverse group of people & functions to drive to a timely solution
- Good presentation & documentation skills - proficient in PowerPoint, Visio, Word & Excel
- Strong business process design skills & exception identification & management skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively navigate in an ambiguous environment to achieve high levels of performance & deliver sustainable results to the team
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, & streaming technology, we create digital fitness & wellness content & products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce & inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice & inequity in our world, & to promote health & wellbeing for all, from the inside out.